Juan Erni is a specialist in material characterization, qualification and testing for composite materials, thermosets, thermoplastics and coatings.
Mr Erniholds a B.S. and Mechanical Engineering degrees from the Pontificia Universidad Catolica in Lima - Peru, and a Solid Mechanics M.S. degree from Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona. He also holds a Six Sigma Black Belt certification emphasized in experimental analysis.
Mr Erni has led a large number of R&D and qualification projects during his career and has successfully introduced new materials into several existing markets.
- Lead composites engineer for the RPSEA project “Qualification of Flexible Fiber-Reinforced Pipe for 10,000-foot Water Depths”.
- Lead engineer for client projects to qualify and estimate life expectancy of offshore polymer materials.
- Lead investigator for a 3 phase client project to determine the best coating candidate for Bakken field well conditions.
- Coating systems qualification per NACE, ISO, BS and NORSOK standards.
- Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE) – South Texas Chapter Member.
- Energy Polymer Group (EPG) – Educator panel member.
- American Petroleum Institute (API) – Support of the Industry wide revision of API 17B
- Annex H (recommendation for the application of fiber reinforced polymer materials for pressure and tensile armors on flexible pipes).