Mr. Juan Erni is a senior specialist in material characterization, qualification and testing with over 15 years’ experience and is an expert in composite materials, thermosets, thermoplastics, coatings, aging performance, image analysis techniques and analytical techniques.
Mr Erniholds a B.S. and Mechanical Engineering degrees from the Pontificia Universidad Catolica in Lima - Peru, and a Solid Mechanics M.S. degree from Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona. He also holds a Six Sigma Black Belt certification emphasized in experimental analysis.
Mr Erni has led a large number of R&D and qualification projects during his career and has successfully introduced new materials into several existing markets.
- Lead composites engineer for the RPSEA project “Qualification of Flexible Fiber-Reinforced Pipe for 10,000-foot Water Depths”.
- Lead engineer for client projects to qualify and estimate life expectancy of offshore polymer materials.
- Lead investigator for a 3 phase client project to determine the best coating candidate for Bakken field well conditions.
- Coating systems qualification per NACE, ISO, BS and NORSOK standards.
- Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE) – South Texas Chapter Member.
- Energy Polymer Group (EPG) – Educator panel member.
- American Petroleum Institute (API) – Support of the Industry wide revision of API 17B
- Annex H (recommendation for the application of fiber reinforced polymer materials for pressure and tensile armors on flexible pipes).