Brent Wilson has over 28 years experience in environmental, climatic, vibration, shock and electrical testing for the Aerospace sector.
In addition to his 28 years of experience in the testing industry, Brent has extensive experience in a variety of areas. Brent has 8 years of experience in explosive ordinance and solid-rocket propulsion testing, including sensitive and insensitive munitions testing. He has environmental and climatics expertise, including PID control processes, as well as experience in explosive and solid-propellant testing early in his career, including sensitive and insensitive munitions testing, destructive live fire arena, bonfire/fast cook-off, burst, bullet impact, flare, and squib testing.
Brent helped develop some of the early hybrid airbag systems, including static deployment, particulate capture, and closed bomb pressure testing. Additionally, he developed the Sulphur Dust test specification for major agricultural equipment manufacturers. Brent has a background in high-speed photography and high-speed data acquisition, as well as 15 years of experience in safety, including training to OSHA-30, DOT, RCRA, and HAZWOMPER. Finally, Brent passes on his knowledge to his fellow technicians with his train-the-trainer certification.
Brent has extensive project experience as well as industry experience, having worked on the following projects:
- Systron Donner Automotive Division (SDAD) quartz MEMS sensors for automotive applications for yaw rate sensing for vehicle dynamic control anti-skid systems.
- Lockheed Martin Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS)
- Lockheed Martin MGM-140 Army Tactical Missile System (ATacMS)
- Ratheon AGM-154 Joint Standoff Weapon (JSOW)
- Aerojet RIM-161 Standard Missile 3 (SM-3, MK-104)
- Brunswick / Lincoln Composites Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Container Systems.
- Hughes AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM)
- Raytheon MIM-104B (PAC-1) Patriot Warhead System.
- Atlantic Research Corporation (ARC) Hybrid Airbag Systems.
- Hughes AIM-54 Phoenix long-range air-to-air missile (AAM).
Brent is a member of the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA)