warringtonfire is a recognized leader in the evaluation of material and system behavior to national and international fire safety standards. We offer extensive knowledge and experience in reaction to fire testing and physical behavior, system performance and compliance with all regulations and codes.
The behavior of a burning object in a developing fire will have an impact on how easy it is for people to escape from the scene. Even when reaction to fire testing is not required under the regulations, a relevant insurer or authority may request improvements to fire performance, for which testing is required.
To monitor the reaction of materials we conduct tests to evaluate ignition, flame spread, heat release, smoke generation and toxicity. As the leading authority in our field, our reaction to fire testing services help to not only to improve a manufacturer’s knowledge of a product, but to provide a competitive advantage by demonstrating the product’s superior reaction to fire qualities.
A small selection of key tests that we perform include:
- ISO 5658-2 - Lateral flame spread on building/rail products in vertical configuration
- ISO 5660-1 - Cone calorimeter for measuring the rate of heat release of products
- ISO 4589-2 - Determination of burning behavior by oxygen index
- ISO 9239-1 - Horizontal surface spread of flame on floor-coverings
- BS 476: Part 6 - Fire propagation
- BS 476: Part 7 - Surface spread of flame
- EN ISO 4589-3: Annex A - Temperature index / flammability temperature test
- EN ISO 11925-2 - Ignitability
- EN 13823 - Single burning item
- EN ISO 1716 - Heat of combustion
- EN ISO 1182 - Non-combustibility
- Circuit integrity testing
- Active testing for water mist systems
- BS, DIN, ASTM, NFF testing in accordance with National Standards
- IMO testing
- Smoke and toxicity testing with FTIR analysis capabilities