Element’s sour service corrosion labs use hydrogen sulfide and other sour gases to replicate the highly corrosive conditions found in oil and gas work environments. Our sour service labs are among the few in the world to be certified to stringent ISO standards, and can assist with a variety of traditional and advanced corrosion methods.
Our sour service corrosion labs routinely perform hydrogen-induced cracking (HIC), tensile testing, bent-beam testing, C-ring testing, and double-cantilever beam (DCB) testing according to a variety of NACE methods.
Additionally, we can assist with a variety of material qualification tests and research and development projects. Our sour service corrosion experts can work with you to develop and review test protocols, build custom R&D programs, evaluate components and systems, and more. For more information about our accredited sour service corrosion capabilities,speak with an expert today.
Sour Service Test Methods
Element offers several different mechanical and environmental test types in sour gas environments. Some of the methods we currently offer include:
- Hydrogen-Induced Cracking (HIC) test in accordance with NACE TM0284
- Tensile test in accordance with NACE TM0177, Method A
- Bent-Beam test in accordance with NACE TM0177, Method B and/or ISO 7539-2
- C-Ring test in accordance with NACE TM0177, Method C
- Double-Cantilever-Beam (DCB) test in accordance with NACE TM0177, Method D
Element offers sour service materials qualification testing in accordance with the NACE MR0175/ISO 15156-2 and 3 international standard, and oil & gas industry specifications and requirements including:
- EFC Publication 16, Annex A
- DNV-OS-F101 supplementary requirements for sour service
- Total GS EP PLR 211, Appendix 4
- API 5L 44th Edition, additional provisions for PSL 2 pipe
- Client-specific R&D, e.g., API PRAC Small-Pipe testing
Standards We Test To
American Petroleum Institute
Det Norske Veritas
International Standards Organization
National Association of Corrosion Engineers
NACE TM0284, NACE TM0177, NACE MR0175
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.
More from Element
Element provides an extensive range of sour corrosion services and environmental simulations
Oil & Gas
Element's global platform of laboratories offers advanced services designed to test and qualify materials intended for use within the environments of the future.
Engineering Critical Assessments
Our world leading Fitness For Service (FFS) for the Oil & Gas Sector
Element's Global 'Materials Technology Center' for Metals and Polymers in the Oil & Gas sector