Strain analysis (or stress-strain analysis) is a powerful tool for quantifying the changes of a material under the effects of various loading conditions. This technique can be conducted with both physical and optical testing methodologies in a variety of working environments.
In a stress strain analysis, we apply strain gages to your product to determine the stresses acting on the part. Components can be subjected to static or dynamic loading or other environmental stresses, such as load, torque, pressure, vibration, or temperature. Our strain analysis services help you make informed decisions about your product’s performance including strength, load limits, useful life and operational performance parameters.
Our Strain Analysis Services
We provide stress-strain analysis and strain gaging services for products and materials in Transportation, Defense, Aerospace and industrials. From individual components and subsystems to full-size products, we support engineering designs, product validation, strain life predictions and validation of analytical models (FEA & Dynamic Modeling).
Our data acquisition and engineering support specialists work with you to create the optimal test procedure, developing plans for evaluating your materials and products that meet the engineering design criteria.
World-Class Strain Analysis Capabilities
We can install and measure strain gages in virtually any condition, including low and high temperature environments and immersion in liquids. Our state of the art data acquisition systems allow measurement capabilities for over 300+ strain measurements at the same time. Whether in the field or in one of our state-of-the-art laboratories, our experts are capable of handling complex and challenging projects, providing you with critical, real-time data in the field.
For more information about our strain analysis services, contact us today.
Benefits of Element's Stress Strain Analysis Program
Element's strain analysis and engineering services combine the benefits of supporting multiple programs while streamlining the testing and validation process.
Our strain analysis services can provide many benefits to your test program, including:
- Computer Model Correlation & Validation
- On-Site/In-Field instrumentation and data acquisition services
- Six Data Acquisition Systems capable of 300+ channels each
- Acquisition systems capability of recording real time data to supplement strain measurements including digital video, CAN & LIN bus protocols
- Strain gage temperature ranges from -250°C to +1000°C
- Application of any strain gage virtually any substrate including composites, glass, ceramics, steels & alloys
- Torque strain gage applications both external and internal shaft installation with telemetry systems for rotating machinery
- Expertise with over 200+ years combined experience in strain based installation and testing programs
- Fatigue life estimations for structures based on the target service life expectations
- On-Site support for both the international and domestic geographic locations
Dürfen wir Ihnen ein Angebot erstellen?
Wir liefern Ihnen Sicherheit – hochwertige Daten, Prüfberichte und Zertifikate, auf die Sie sich bei Ihren Entscheidungen in Bezug auf Materialien und deren Übereinstimmung mit bestimmten Anforderungen absolut verlassen können. Kontaktieren Sie schon heute einen unserer Experten.
More from Element
Expertise our most valuable asset
Our people are the key to our success and our most valuable asset, working tirelessly to solve our clients' most complex challenges.
Element's experts in materials testing labs across the US, UK, Netherlands, Germany, and Spain provide mechanical properties testing such as tensile, fatigue, fracture mechanics, and more.
Aerospace Materials Testing
As the largest independent materials testing provider in the global Aerospace sector, Element is well-positioned to meet your every requirement, from early stage R&D development projects, materials testing for production through to solutions for in-service challenges.
Local laboratories, global platform
Doing business with one of our laboratories enables our clients' access to our global platform of expertise, capacity and capabilities.