Our defense chemical analysis services provide answers that can be an integral part of any large-scale defense projects, where a reliable supply chain is crucial to project delivery and budgeting.
Element is committed to providing quality combined with on-time delivery. With a proven track record in defense chemical analysis, we help our customers to understand the content and structure of different materials and substances, including metals, composites, adhesives, plastics and rubber.
We also perform contamination analysis, quality controls, controls of process baths, and thermal analysis. Our scientific detective work is built on more than 30 years of experience in qualified chemical investigations.
Condition monitoring involves taking samples from engine, transmission and hydraulic oils in operating machines or systems which include anything from forestry machines, ships, aeroplanes or helicopters to large turbine systems in power generation, where any failure or production downtime must be avoided.
By regular condition monitoring you can:
- Check system condition and get early warnings of component wear
- Control contaminant levels
- Detect lubricant degradation
Supporting your defense chemical analysis requirements across the world
We have a number of centres of excellence across the world including our flagship defense chemical analysis laboratory in Linköping, Sweden, which is the largest independent laboratory for physical and chemical analysis in the Nordic region. From these facilities, we provide support to our customers wherever they are in the world.
With a range of mobile equipment, ranging from fast, portable x-ray fluorescence based instruments, to larger Argon flushed spark instruments for accurate analysis, we can also service the on-site defense chemical analysis needs of our customers. In addition, our specialist fuel and lubricant testing services include oil analysis condition monitoring, fuel analysis and lubricant analysis quality control.
Our capabilities in chemical, physical and thermal analysis include:
- TGA, Thermogravimetric Analysis
- FTIR, Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry
- DSC, Differential Scanning Calorimetry
- DMA, Dynamical Mechanical Analysis
- HPLC, High Pressure Liquid Chromatography
- GPC, Gel Performance Chromatography
- GC, Gas Chromatography
- HFC, Heat Flow Calorimetry
- ICP, Inductively Coupled Plasma
- SEM, Scanning Electron Microscope
- Composites physical testing
- Density/Specific Gravity
- Resin/Fiber/Void Content by: Acid Digestion
- Resin/Fiber/Void Content by: Burn Off
- Volatile Content
- Water Absorption