Noise and vibration are becoming significant issues affecting many aspects of society in both the environment and the workplace. This can range from general annoyance and sleep disturbance, for residents from nearby industrial installations or transportation, through to life changing physical effects such as noise induced hearing loss or hand arm vibration syndrome (HAVS) caused by prolonged exposures working in hazardous conditions.
Element’s team of Engaged Experts are Members of the Institute of Acoustics (IOA) and the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) and are able to provide specialist testing, assessment and modeling services in all areas of environmental and workplace acoustics. These include:-
- Environmental noise and vibration assessments and modeling in support of planning applications
- Environmental noise investigations in accordance with BS4142:2014
- Road traffic, rail and aviation noise assessments
- Noise modeling using CadnaA (Computer Aided Noise Abatement) software
- Groundborne Vibration surveys
- Acoustic camera surveys for problem noise identification
Workplace Noise & Vibration
- Workplace Noise Surveys and Assessments
- Hand Arm Vibration Assessments
- Whole Body Vibration Assessments
- Noise control advice and consultancy
Architectural Acoustic Testing
- Architectural Acoustic Testing Services
All our measurement equipment is routinely calibrated by external laboratories to ensure the accuracy of the data and provide full transparency to regulatory bodies.