Pharmaceutical formulation development helps to enhance drug delivery performance and product stability.
All pharmaceutical products need to be formulated to specific dosage forms for drugs to be effectively delivered to patients. Oral tablets, solutions, topical ointments, gels, and other dosage forms require different manufacturing technologies and present unique technical challenges to formulation scientists.
Exova SL Pharma’s formulation and product development services are primarily focused on parenteral products (both small and large molecules), and also include ophthalmic and topical drug products.
These services include:
- Solubility and pH profile studies
- Drug/excipient compatibility studies
- Drug/filter/packaging component compatibility studies
- Formulation development utilizing state-of-the-art technologies (e.g., micro-emulsions, phospholipids, co-solvent systems, and nanoparticles)
- Preservative screening, selection, and testing
- Container/closure compatibility, evaluation and selection studies
- Short-term accelerated stability studies for formulation selection
- Optimization of formulations and final selection
- Process development and scale-up
- Manufacture of lab-scale and feasibility batches
- Manufacture of toxicology and clinical batches
Exova SL Pharma has experience in working with both large and small molecule focused clients that range from large, multi-national through virtual start-up organizations. The commonality across the client base, from innovator drug companies through generic organizations, is a desire for the adequate collaborative support that is done on time and within budget every time.