Purpose of this Position
Reporting to the Tactical Marketing Manager, the primary function of the Account Specialist is to be responsible for outbound prospecting to both dormant and existing customers not covered by any of the Element sales roles.
The Account Specialist is responsible for prospecting dormant, existing, and new customers with the intention of discovering RFQs (request for quote) and gathering actionable feedback on past experiences with Element. In addition, the Account Specialist will engage with existing customers as part of sales/marketing campaign follow up. Typical goals could be to set tradeshow appointments, register seminar attendees and future interest for Element events, gather feedback on marketing campaigns/sales literature, and discover new RFQ opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of Element’s service offerings
- Actively utilize Dynamics CRM to log and track performance to monthly goals for total calls, live conversations, RFQs, appointments and campaign activities
- Ensure accurate contact details, remove duplicate records, and add new information to CRM contact records
- Interact with Element’s Tactical Marketing Manager, heads of business units and sales teams to ensure proper list segmentation, targeting, and messaging
- Efficiently distribute new RFQs, customer feedback, and campaign activities to the appropriate stakeholders
- Raise awareness of Element’s services by contacting targeted prospect companies for the purposes of cross selling or marketing campaign follow up
- Collect and distribute reports on performance and opportunities for improvement
- Maintain ongoing relationships with the sales team and business unit heads
- When necessary, assist Client Support Coordinators with Inbound lead management tasks and responsibilities
- Additional sales responsibilities such as quote follow up and pipeline management as required.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One to three years of outbound sales prospecting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer quotes/contracts, marketing materials, and customer testing specifications. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
German, Spanish or Dutch speaking ability is highly desirable but not necessary.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and proportions. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical customer problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, data and details furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Frequency of required physical force: Minimal (low).
Lifting requirements: lifting <5 lbs.="" infrequently="" and=""> 5 lbs. sporadically.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Experience in interpreting testing procedures and requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel)
- Ability to remain calm when faced with mounting pressure related to deadlines and multiple priorities
- Well developed oral and written communication skills to meet a variety of communication needs. Good interpersonal skills that foster open upward and downward communication built on mutual respect
- Ability to interface with clients, win new work and determine their requirements; helps develops proposals including cost estimates, work plan and terms and conditions
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time; some overnight travel may be required.
This job description reflects an assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Other duties and tasks may be assigned to this job at the Company’s discretion
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org