The Employer of Choice within the TIC Sector
Element Materials Technology is a global testing company that provides a comprehensive range of materials testing, product qualification testing, certification, calibration and consulting services to the Aerospace, Fire & Building Products, Infrastructure & Environmental, Oil & Gas and Transportation & Industrials sectors.
Our purpose as a business is a simple one. To make certain that all of the materials and products we test for our clients are always safe in their end application; are of marketable quality; are compliant with all relevant industry standards and regulations and are ultimately fit for purpose.
As one of the largest and fastest growing companies in the global Testing Inspection and Certification (TIC) sector, Element provides an outstanding career opportunity for anyone interested in working in the areas of materials testing; product qualification testing & certification; device calibration and engineering consulting services.
Applications Sales Engineer
37.5 hours per week
The Application Sales Engineer role is responsible for the conversion of complex requests for quotes (RFQ’s) to high quality bids and quotations. They will establish and maintain a strong relationship with clients throughout the sales cycle: proactively following up on leads for future business opportunities. In addition, the role will be responsible for following up and converting more complex RFQs to high quality quotations per customer expectations and making detailed testing proposals.
This role will articulate Element testing services to both business and technical users. Our successful candidate will identify technical requirements of assigned accounts to assure quotations are complete and professional.
- Proactively develop contacts and engage with customers using phone, email, web conferencing
- Contact clients to qualify the potential of the quote request.
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers, acting as a liaison between the customers and Element.
- Receive and process request for quotations (RFQ)
- Prepare quotes by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with Program Managers, technical experts, and other technical staff within Element
- Conduct document validation to determine non-standard methods
- Calculate or establish pricing lead-time from standard price lists, local costing models, as well as from operational input
- Follow-up on quotations for the assigned customer base and or quotations produced, providing clarification and modifications when required
- Assist in entering more complex purchase orders when needed
- Actively utilize CRM to record activities, ensuring contact details are accurate, duplicates are removed, new information is added and accurate call / visit logs are entered
- Achieve sales goals by increased conversion and penetration of accounts
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of Element’s service offerings; participate in training/coaching opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with all Element policies including but not limited to Terms and Conditions, trade compliance, treatment of others, moral code of conduct, and employee handbook.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable laws pertaining to safety, environment and corporate governance
What we are looking for?
- Significant technical experience, preferably with sales responsibility
- A technical education is a relevant engineering or science subject is advantageous
- Experience within a materials testing environment is significantly advantageous
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Word and Excel
- Full, clean driving licence
Who we are looking for?
- A customer-focused professional with first-rate communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to form strong working relationships at all levels
What's in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success. We reward our employees with a competitive salary, impressive benefits packages and access to fantastic professional and personal development opportunities.
Our training and career development programmes allow our people to continually develop their skills and chart their development course. Our programmes support the training and in-role experience required to help them realise their ambitions.
We are an equal opportunities employer
How to apply for the role
Please send your CV to Joanne McAllister, Resourcing Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th Jan 2018.