Reporting to the Department Manager, the Automotive EMC Test Engineer is required to work in a busy modern test laboratory, testing large and varied electrical / electronic equipment, systems and vehicles and managing job progress through to completion of test reports.
Qualifications / Experience / Key Skills
The ideal candidate will be qualified to HNC or higher in a relevant discipline (electrical, electronic and RF engineering or related subject preferred). Previous EMC test experience is an advantage, but not essential if able to demonstrate a good level of understanding of electronic principles. Initial and ongoing training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Applicants should have experience working in a client focused environment, with strong ‘hands on’ technical ability. Must be a good communicator, both written and verbal with clients and staff at all levels.
You will be expected to demonstrate ability for the following:
- Good working knowledge of fundamental electrical/electronic principles ideally relating to RF
- Confidently use, and understand electrical and electronic test equipment such as Spectrum Analysers, Oscilloscopes, Test Receivers etc, and interpret results.
- A basic knowledge of testing to various European and International specifications.
- A good standard of written and spoken English for clear and concise test reports and communication.
- Communication with internal and external customers and represent the company in technical meetings.
Adhere to company procedures and practices.
The successful candidates will need to be dynamic, self-motivated and committed to working as an integral part of a successful and flexible team with an continuing workload of interesting and extremely varied spectrum of test scenarios covering Military, Commercial and Vehicular products.
- Good communicator, both written and verbally with the ability to converse with clients at various levels.
- Computer literate with knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and ability to become conversant with bespoke software packages effectively and quickly.
- Organised with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Comfortable with travelling - Clean and current driving licence.
- Team player with a demonstrated personal commitment and drive and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Whilst not immediately, this role will require some travel to client locations both in the UK and overseas and working from Element’s other laboratory locations around the UK, a current and clean driving licence is therefore also required.
Based on shift work (06.00 – 14.00 and 14.00 – 22.00), negotiable depending on experience.
- Immediate start
- Shift position covers the hours 06.00 – 14.00 and 14.00 – 22.00
- SC Clearance is required
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your CV to Andrew McNally at email@example.com or alternative send it by mail to:
EMC Department Manager,
Element Materials Technology,
100 Frobisher Business Park,
Leigh Sinton Road,