The Employer of Choice within the TIC Sector
Element Materials Technology is a global testing company that provides a comprehensive range of materials testing, product qualification testing, certification, calibration and consulting services to the Aerospace, Fire & Building Products, Infrastructure & Environmental, Oil & Gas and Transportation & Industrials sectors.
Our purpose as a business is a simple one. To make certain that all of the materials and products we test for our clients are always safe in their end application; are of marketable quality; are compliant with all relevant industry standards and regulations and are ultimately fit for purpose.
As one of the largest and fastest growing companies in the global Testing Inspection and Certification (TIC) sector, Element provides an outstanding career opportunity for anyone interested in working in the areas of materials testing; product qualification testing & certification; device calibration and engineering consulting services.
Business Development Manager (Radio EMC & Safety Compliance)
Hours & Benefits
37.5 hours per week
Car allowance, bonus & competitive contributory pension
The Business Development Manager is responsible for all "high touch" accounts within a specific geographic area. Responsible for pursuing sales opportunities to sell the full breadth of Element services within specified accounts in order to meet their assigned budget. The role supports strategic or key accounts within a specified territory with any activities needed at local sites.
- Establish and proactively maintain a strong professional relationship with key decision makers and influencers within assigned accounts
- Drive profitable sales expansion with a focus on acquiring new and re-engaging with dormant ac-counts, while growing existing clients
- Gather and analyse market/industry intelligence and trends to determine customer needs
- Identify opportunities early in the sales cycle to ensure maximum share of wallet for Element
- Deliver business development related presentations, negotiate, and close business with nominated accounts, working in coordination with location business development resources
- Prepare reports and presentations showing sales volume by sector, region, location, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Follow up in a timely manner on quotations for the assigned customer base
- Achieve sales goals by converting, retaining and penetrating accounts
- Lead access and persuasion steps in sales process, including qualifying, relationship building, needs evaluation, solution development/presentation and closing
- Identify full customer test needs to uncover opportunities within accounts across Element
- Actively participate in regular pipeline reviews, ensuring all CRM records are up to date and critical success factors are identified for key opportunities
What we are looking for?
- Significant technical experience within a similar Business Development role
- A technical education is an engineering or science subject is advantageous
- Experience within a materials testing environment is significantly advantageous
- Experience working with CRM systems, report writing interpret data effectively
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Word and Excel
- Full, clean driving licence and the ability to frequently travel
Who we are looking for?
- A customer-focused professional with first-rate communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to form strong working relationships at all levels
What's in it for you?
We recognize that our people are vital to our current and future success. We reward our employees with a competitive salary, impressive benefits packages and access to fantastic professional and personal development opportunities.
Our training and career development programmes allow our people to continually develop their skills and chart their development course. Our programmes support the training and in-role experi-ence required to help them realise their ambitions.
We are an equal opportunities employer
How to apply for the role
Please send your CV to Joanne McAllister, Resourcing Team Leader at email@example.com by 15th Jan 2018.