Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Business Development Associate – Sheffield
M-T: 8am-4:30pm, F: 8am-2:30pm
Our new Business Development Associate is an inside seller, responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Element clients and prospects. This role will expand business with dormant and existing accounts, provide increased touch points for accounts and is budget responsible for 200+ growth and retention clients. It is a responsibility to assure customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Establish and proactively maintain a strong professional relationship with key decision makers and influencers within assigned accounts
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers, acting as a liaison between the customers and Element
- Identify opportunities early in the sales cycle to ensure maximum share of wallet for Element.
- Qualify opportunities with assistance of inbound team/specialists
- Manage relationships and utilise technical support to assist in Sales
- Follow up in a timely manner on quotations for the assigned customer base
- Actively utilise CRM to record activities, ensuring contact details are accurate, duplicates are removed, new information is added and accurate call/visit logs are entered
- Actively participate in regular pipeline reviews, ensuring all CRM records are up to date and critical success factors are identified for key opportunities
- Achieve sales goals by converting and penetrating accounts
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of Element’s service offerings
- Ensure compliance with all Element policies including but not limited to Terms and Conditions, trade compliance, treatment of others, moral code of conduct, and employee handbook.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable laws pertaining to safety, environment and corporate governance.
What we are looking for?
- Experience in interpreting testing procedures and requirements desired
- Experience gained within a similar business development is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel)
- Ability to interface with clients, win new work and determine their requirements
- Ability to develop proposals including cost estimates, work plan and terms and conditions
Who are we looking for?
- Ability to remain calm when faced with mounting pressure related to deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that foster open upward and downward communication
- Availability, flexibility, and maturity to represent the company at a broad range of events/projects in the community, with customers and within the company
- Ability to plan, organise and manage work within the defined area of responsibility
- Ability to review performance, identify problems and contribute to their solution
- Ability to apply logical reasoning and analytical thinking
- Some overnight travel may be required
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource. A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise.
Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work for us and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please send applications to email@example.com