Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology and Exova Group Limited have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group is the leading provider in materials testing, product qualification testing, consulting and certification services to the international Aerospace, Fire & Building Products, Infrastructure & Environment, Oil & Gas as well as Transportation & Industrials sectors.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The food we eat. The water we drink. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Our Business Improvement Manager will be responsible for implementing an improvement culture and structure within all Element locations and will execute improvement projects effectively. Responsible for providing leadership and direction for the Business Improvement Program within the Aerospace Europe team, this new role will be based from our Sheffield location and will work closely with General Managers, Operations Managers and Divisional Director.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working closely with management to devise and implement effective business improvement plans for Lean transformation across the sector
- Preparation, execution and aftercare of Lean events
- Measurement of progress and targeting of results from business improvement projects
- Coaching of change agents to ensure maximum positive impact of the project for Element stakeholders
- Mobilise commitment for change and enable the continuous sustainment of change initiatives
What are we looking for?
- Significant experience in a business improvement, operational excellence or lean six sigma role
- Broad knowledge of operations, engineering, and financial management
- Educated in a relevant discipline, for example engineering or business studies
- Six Sigma and/or lean certification from recognised governing body, institution, or business entity
- Must be competent in the use of statistics related to business improvement metrics
- Strong knowledge of and experience in statistics (regression, range, mean, standard deviation) and ability to apply this knowledge appropriately given the situation
- Must be proficient in standard office software and systems including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must hold a valid, full driving licence
- Willingness to travel internationally on a regular basis
Who are we looking for?
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as drawings, instructional materials and procedures
- Ability to create clear and concise presentation materials, emails and other forms of written communications
- Ability to work effectively with KPIs such as OTD, Lead Time, First Time Right and Incident Rate
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to work well with peers and employees at all levels of the organisation
- Project management skills required to manage the process of providing exceptional quality of service and continuous improvement
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success. Our training and career development programmes allow our people to continually develop their skills and chart their development course.
At Element, our colleagues have the chance to grow their careers across the group, with opportunities arising all over the world. Our programmes support the training and in-role experience required to help them realise their ambitions.
We are an equal opportunities employer
How to apply for the role
Please send your CV to Joanne McAllister, Resourcing Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th January 2018