Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group is the leading provider in materials testing, product qualification testing, consulting and certification services to the international Aerospace, Fire & Building Products, Infrastructure & Environment, Oil & Gas as well as Transportation & Industrials sectors. The group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in more than 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The food we eat. The water we drink. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. We touch billions of lives – but most of them never realise it. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Our Customer Liaison will report to the Operations Manager and perform a central role by providing support to the business by liaising with customers and the production team. Primary tasks being to progress orders through pro-active communication with existing and new customers, to take accurate information from the laboratory staff and be the point of contact for key clients within the business, liaising with other Element sites to send and progress orders and grow the relationship/partnership with these key clients. Primarily office based setting but would be required to liaise closely with the laboratory and its staff and occasionally meet customers and other Element senior management.
- Taking and making customer phone calls and e-mails and processing work orders through the system.
- Being the point of contact for key clients.
- Monitoring customer accounts and liaising with key clients to ensure lab delivery times are correctly relayed, and work closely with Sheffield lab managers and supervisors to ensure key clients are getting accurate daily progress updates.
- Managing the correspondence between the production team and their clients
- Updating CRM with relevant details and generate management reports as required to help the sales and management teams
- Close co-operation with the administrative team handling work orders, invoicing and materials booking in activities.
- To liaise effectively with other Element sites as required, in particular Teesside, Lancaster and Plzen and manage client expectations and follow-up on their behalf as required.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Significant experience working with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good written and verbal English
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- An ability to work independently and as a team
- Good administrative skills
- Commercially astute
- Quick to learn
- Technical knowledge of the Materials Testing industry would be of benefit but not essential
Who are we looking for?
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including with customers
- Excellent attention to detail in all areas of work
- Drive for improvements and efficiencies
- Ability to plan, organise and manage workload in an efficient, accurate and timely manner
- Sales experience in a Business to Business environment
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- CRM experience including input and update of opportunity pipeline, knowledge of Microsoft AX would be an advantage but not essential (training provided)
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success. At Exova, we reward our employees with a competitive salary and impressive benefits package including a contributory pension and 33 days’ annual leave. In addition, we offer tax-free childcare vouchers and access to retail and leisure discounts through our Extras at Exova scheme.
Our training and career development programmes allow our people to continually develop their skills. Our programme helps our people to chart their development course and it supports the training and in-role experience required to help them realise their ambitions.
Find out how you could develop your career with us by visiting our website: https://careers.exova.com/developing-your-career/
What’s it like working with us? Find out more: https://careers.exova.com/working-with-us/
We are an equal opportunities employer
How to apply
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org