Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Data Protection Officer - Newbridge
Full time & part time hours available - 12 month fixed term contract
The Data Protection Officer will be responsible for the development, implementation and enforcement of policies, procedures and practices necessary to ensure that Element complies with all applicable EU, regional and other privacy laws and regulations and conforms to industry best practices. This role will be the designated point of contact who receives privacy enquiries, complaints, if any, associated with the Element business and who is able to provide guidance related to privacy matters.
- Act as Group expert in relation to data protection matters.Implementing measures and a privacy governance framework to manage data use in compliance with data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Working with key internal stakeholders in the review of projects and new systems to be implemented to ensure compliance with EU and local data privacy laws and, where necessary, complete and advise on Privacy Impact Assessments
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all data protection related matters under the GDPR
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on contracts with suppliers (including Model Clauses) to implement projects in partnership with Element’s Human Resources, Procurement, Information Security and Sales/Marketing teams
- Chairing the Data Protection Committee
- Monitoring compliance with the Group’s Policies and Procedures and providing updates on the data protection compliance programme to senior management
- Responsible for data mapping, carrying out regular audits and maintaining the data register
- Updating and rolling-out of training to staff to raise awareness of data protection and foster a data privacy culture within the Group
- Working with the Information Security team to ensure that systems and procedures comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws, regulation and policy
- Cooperating with relevant supervisory authority including in the event of any data breach which may need to be notified to the relevant authorities within 72 hours and to individuals (and assist with containment and mitigation of the breach
- Advising in relation to data retention and deletion, particularly regarding HR files and employee data, including where held in offsite storage
- Supporting HR teams throughout Europe, including when responding to data subject requests and dealing with local regulators
What we are looking for?
- Preferably hold at least one Data Protection and/or Privacy certification, such as CIPT/CIPM/CIPP/E
- Experience as a Data Protection Officer or a similar compliance role
- Compliance, IT Security or other relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of data privacy legislation including GDPR
- Knowledge of cyber security risks and information security standards
- Ability to audit data management systems would be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and judgement. Ability to work independently
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the UK and Europe on an occasional basis with notice
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource. A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise.
Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work for us and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
How to apply
Please send applications to email@example.com