Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
EMC Test Engineer – Malvern
Initial hours of work during training phase: M-T: 8:30am-5pm, F: 8:30am-3:45pm
Leading to permanent shift pattern following successful completion of training: 6.00am-2pm or 12pm-10pm
Our new EMC Test Engineer is based within Element Malvern’s European EMC testing centre of excellence. The lab’s technical areas of expertise include EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility testing) for Aerospace and Defence, EMC testing, CE Marking and Automotive EMC Testing. Reporting to the Department Manager, our EMC Test Engineer will work in a busy, modern test laboratory test laboratory, testing electrical/electronic equipment and systems, whilst managing job progress through to completion of test reports.
- Perform testing to procedures laid down in the procedures manual
- Familiarise themselves with test equipment functions, measurement and calibration techniques
- Identify the need for new measurement methods where procedures do not cover the exact nature of testing being carried out
- Maintain a technical logbook
- Record results of tests on the prescribed result sheets, to plot graphical results
- Prepare test reports as laid down in procedure manual
- Deal with client enquiries regarding work schedules and costing
- Ensure that commercial confidentiality is maintained
- Carry out any other reasonable duty as directed by the Senior Engineer or Department Manager
What we are looking for?
- Experience working within the electronics is essential for this role
- EMC testing experience is significantly advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of EMC and electrical principles
- Understanding of the relevant testing standards such as UKAS/IEC is advantageous
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety systems and environmental regulations
Who are we looking for?
- Ability to plan, organise and manage work within the defined area of responsibility
- Ability to review performance, identify problems and contribute to their solution
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply logical reasoning and analytical thinking
- Ability to understand and respond with emotional intelligence to resolve conflict, working with colleagues to deliver a service that satisfies expectations
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource. A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise.
Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work for us and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org