Element Materials Technology and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The food we eat. The water we drink. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Fatigue & Fracture Testing Technician – Element Aberdeen
40 hours per week
Reporting to the departmental supervisor and working as part of the Fracture team, this role will be responsible for the preparation of samples, testing and reporting of our clients materials with regard to fatigue and fracture toughness properties
Main responsibilities include:
- Performing testing functions relating to the specialist operations of the laboratory in accordance with recognised standards or internal specifications
- Performing routine preventative maintenance on laboratory testing equipment
- Ensuring that measuring devices are accurate and within calibration when being used
- Ensuring that test results are recorded accurately and in accordance with laboratory procedures
- Monitoring the availability of laboratory test consumables
- Assisting the ‘booking in’ of jobs
What are we looking for?
- Relevant testing/engineering experience
- Competency in the safe operation of fatigue and fracture testing equipment would be advantageous
- Education in a relevant discipline for example Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Welding Engineering etc
- Competence in the correct use of precision measuring tools and equipment
- A knowledge of standards applicable to the testing of metallic materials and weldments
- The ability to read and interpret worksheets, engineering drawings, specifications etc.
Additionally we are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Initiative to work autonomously and manage a busy workload effectively
- An ability to complete standard forms and records accurately and clearly
- An ability to make a contribution to the evaluation and improvement of practices and processes
- An ability to work effectively with colleagues to deliver a service that satisfies expectations
- An ability to identify problems and to seek appropriate assistance in their solution
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource. At Element, we reward our employees with a competitive salary, impressive benefits package with a contributory pension and 30 days’ annual leave. Additionally we acknowledge excellent performance with our reward and recognition schemes.
A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise. Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work for Element and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential with a full induction and access to training.
Find out why Element is the Employer of Choice within the TIC Sector by visiting our website. We are an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org