The Employer of Choice within the TIC Sector
Element Materials Technology is a global testing company that provides a comprehensive range of materials testing, product qualification testing, certification, calibration and consulting services to the Aerospace, Fire & Building Prod-ucts, Infrastructure & Environmental, Oil & Gas and Transportation & Industrials sectors.
Our purpose as a business is a simple one. To make certain that all of the materials and products we test for our clients are always safe in their end application; are of marketable quality; are compliant with all relevant industry standards and regulations and are ultimately fit for purpose.
As one of the largest and fastest growing companies in the global Testing Inspection and Certification (TIC) sector, Element provides an outstanding career opportunity for anyone interested in working in the areas of materials testing; product qualification testing & certification; device calibration and engineering consulting services.
Hours of work:
Shift working – pattern to be confirmed
Purpose of this position
Working with industry leading experts within our new state of the art facility in Rotherham, this role offers a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading businesses in the global Aerospace sector. The successful candi-date will be responsible for the preparation and machining of various test samples to enable other departments to test samples
- Preparation of test samples prior to machining
- Conduct machining to relevant standard
- Maintain and clean machine tools and measuring equipment as and when necessary
- Ensuring high standards of quality and productivity are met
- Carry out any other duties as required by a senior member of staff
What are we looking for?
- Experience in the use of CNC lathes essential, preferably with Fanuc controls
- Relevant engineering background/qualifications – e.g. city and guilds, NVQ
- Experience working with milling machines, bandsaws, cut off wheels, etc.
- Ability to work with and to engineering drawings
- CNC programming experience is advantageous but not essential
- Ability to work with measuring equipment, micrometres, callipers etc.
Who are we looking for?
- A self-motivated professional who can work well within a busy team as well as under their own initiative
- Strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success. Our training and career development programmes allow our people to continually develop their skills and chart their development course. Our programmes support the training and in-role experience required to help them realise their ambitions.
We are an equal opportunities employer
How to apply for the role
Please send your CV to Joanne McAllister, Resourcing Team Leader at email@example.com or upload your CV directly to exova.com/search-careers