The Employer of Choice within the TIC Sector
Element Materials Technology is a global testing company that provides a comprehensive range of materials testing, product qualification testing, certification, calibration and consulting services to the Aerospace, Fire & Building Products, Infrastructure & Environmental, Oil & Gas and Transportation & Industrials sectors.
Our purpose as a business is a simple one. To make certain that all of the materials and products we test for our clients are always safe in their end application; are of marketable quality; are compliant with all relevant industry standards and regulations and are ultimately fit for purpose.
As one of the largest and fastest growing companies in the global Testing Inspection and Certification (TIC) sector, Element provides an outstanding career opportunity for anyone interested in working in the areas of materials testing; product qualification testing & certification; device calibration and engineering consulting services.
Global Service Desk Manager
Newbridge, Scotland, UK
39 hours per week (additional hours as required)
Working closely with global IT colleagues across the business, our Global Service Desk Manager will be responsible for managing the resources within the Service Desk teams across both our Edinburgh and Mississauga sites
- Efficient and effective management of service incidents through to a successful, timely resolution
- Escalation, where appropriate, for major/sensitive incidents and appropriately allocate resource
- Produce metrics and KPIs in relation to incident management and team performance
- Ensure incident management process is effective through formal review as required
- Manage procurement and distribution of end user hardware including mobile devices and telephones as well as software
- Build and maintain strong relationships with both internal customers and external suppliers/partners
- Contribute to global strategy and policies associated with incident management and Service Desk
What we are looking for?
- Significant experience of working in a Service Desk and Incident Management environment
- Knowledge of ITIL-based processes (relevant certification preferred)
- Understanding of IT Service Management concepts – particularly end-to-end service approach
- Experience managing a busy IT Service Desk to an international/European internal customer base
- Must have and maintain an excellent grasp of technical/professional aspects of work
Who we are looking for?
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and problem solving skills
- An excellent team player with first-rate written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to form strong working relationships at all levels - both internally and externally
- A strong leader with the ability to bring team members along, stretch and coach
- Ability to respond to and take accountability for issues to conclusion
- In an every changing environment, the ability to learn quickly and apply new skills is essential
- Willingness to travel to remote sites in the UK and Internationally as required
- Flexibility in working hours (overtime and out of hours work may be required from time to time)
What's in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success. We reward our employees with a competitive salary, impressive benefits packages and access to fantastic professional and personal development opportunities.
Our training and career development programmes allow our people to continually develop their skills and chart their development course. Our programmes support the training and in-role experience required to help them realise their ambitions.
We are an equal opportunities employer
How to apply for the role
Please send your CV to Joanne McAllister, Resourcing Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV directly here