Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group is the leading provider in materials testing, product qualification testing, consulting and certification services to the international Aerospace, Fire & Building Products, Infrastructure & Environment, Oil & Gas as well as Transportation & Industrials sectors. The group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in more than 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The food we eat. The water we drink. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. We touch billions of lives – but most of them never realise it. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Due to internal succession, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a seasoned HR Business Partner looking for an exciting challenge. Supporting our Environment and Infrastructure sector, the successful candidate will partner with the sector leadership, drive the people strategy and support our ambitious growth plans.
Main responsibilities include:
- Drive the sector people plan in conjunction with Divisional and Group plans
- Acts as a single point of the contact for managers and employees in the business unit
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes within the business unit including performance management, people development, recruitment and Employee relations activity
- Educates and develops People Managers in all aspects of people management to ensure consistent and effective practices are in place and to enhance the employee experience
- Builds a strong business partnership relationship within the business unit leadership
- Drives succession planning for key talent and key strategic roles
- Assesses the organisational structure of the sector and facilitates change
- Supports merger and acquisition activity, including people due diligence and integration
Experience and skills required:
- Proven experience in Human Resources Management
- Project Management and Change Management experience
- Experience designing and delivering people initiatives to drive continuous improvements
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Up to date Employment Law and best practices knowledge and experience dealing with complex ER cases
- Experience dealing with re-structuring and employee consultations
- Experience with TUPE regulations and integration activities
Personal characteristics required:
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage a challenging workload across a geographically diverse sector
- Self –starter with ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- MS office skills at a good standard level of competence
- Full, clean Driving Licence is essential for this role as UK and Ireland travel will be required
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success. At Exova, we reward our employees with a competitive salary and impressive benefits package including a contributory pension and 33 days’ annual leave. In addition, we offer tax-free childcare vouchers and access to retail and leisure discounts through our Extras at Exova scheme.
Our training and career development programmes allow our people to continually develop their skills. Our programme helps our people to chart their development course and it supports the training and in-role experience required to help them realise their ambitions.
We are an equal opportunities employer
How to apply
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org