Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Machinist (Night shift)
In a market driven by the demand for ever greater aircraft performance and commercial return, Element has a proud track record of helping the world’s leading aerospace companies achieve competitive advantage through the provision of technically demanding materials testing.
Element Lancaster is a Nadcap and ISO 17025 accredited laboratory recognised as a centre of excellence for fatigue & fracture mechanics testing and has developed methods and procedures for the machining and testing of aerospace related materials.
Due to exciting expansion within the lab and to support our mission to become the number one supplier within our industry, we are looking for two new Machinists to join our team in Lancaster.
Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor, your main responsibilities will include:
- Perform cutting and machining operations to recognised standards and internal specifications
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on workshop equipment
- Ensure measuring devices are accurate and within calibration
- Ensure worksheets are filled out correctly and in accordance with internal procedures
- Assist in booking in jobs in goods received area as required
- Contribute to the efficiency and improvement of the organisation by implementing and maintaining agreed 5S actions
- Perform duties in accordance with internal procedures, quality system and health & safety system
- Assist if required in areas outside of routine operation, e.g. other Test departments
What we are looking for?
- Good general education including English and Maths
- Experience in a workshop environment
- Qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline, e.g. National Award or National Certificate in Engineering or SVQ/NVQ level 2 in Performing Engineering Operations
- Knowledge of machine shop processes and practices
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety systems and environmental regulations
Who we are looking for?
- Passion for developing a career in Engineering is essential
- Ability to work effectively alone as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource. A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise.
Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work with us and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please send applications to email@example.com