Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The food we eat. The water we drink. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Exova Salford, UK
39 hours per week
Our Machinist provides machining services using a wide range of machine tools in support of the laboratory’s testing activities. This will involve taking a client’s component and removing material to form a standard test sample to a high level of accuracy. These samples would be described in comprehensive machining request forms or worksheets that must be accurately interpreted.
Main responsibilities include:
- Perform preparatory actions to material required to produce an end product such as:
- Receive material, identify the associated job and store it in the correct location
- Measure and mark up components
- Cut/extract blanks using sawing/burning
- The role may be specifically tailored to a specialist skill such as:
- CNC operation – turning, milling, sawing, spark machining
- Record measurements using inspection equipment
- Load and unload machine tools
- Maintain paperwork/IT systems associated with the activity
- Confirm the effective and correct manufacture of test samples
- Manage spare material, according to process
- Ensure safe working practices and following safety guidelines and procedures
What are we looking for?
- Understanding and practical experience of working to engineering drawings
- Understanding of concepts and requirements of technical procedures
- Experience working within a fast paced engineering/machining environment
- Working knowledge of mathematics
- Capability to apply and develop skills to use equipment appropriate for the position
Who are we looking for?
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who can work well with a busy team as well as under their own initiative
- Strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure, have a keen eye for detail
- Flexible approach with the ability to work shifts as required
How to apply for the role
Please send your CV to Joanne McAllister, Resourcing Team Leader at email@example.com or upload your CV directly here