Mechanical Testing Technician
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform analysis as documented in the test method
- Interpret and validate results and data
- Input results into Laboratory Information Management System
- Perform regular equipment maintenance and advise department manager when equipment is not functioning
- Maintain equipment maintenance log where applicable
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times to ensure a clean and safe work environment
- Assist with the training of new staff in test methods
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency in laboratory test method analysis
- Working knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System
- Good understanding of Health and Safety Protocols
Education and/or Experience
- Post secondary training or equivalent experience
- 3 plus years of experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, customer testing specifications, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructtions, data and details furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Frequency of required physical force: Occasional (moderate).
- Lifting requirements: lifting <50 lbs. often and > 50 lbs. sporadically.
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50+lbs periodically.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Experience in interpreting testing procedures and requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel)
- Availability, flexibility, and maturity to represent the company at a broad range of events/projects in the community, with customers and within the company.
- Ability to remain calm when faced with mounting pressure related to deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills to meet a variety of communication needs. Good interpersonal skills that foster open upward and downward communication built on mutual respect.
This job description reflects an assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Other duties and tasks may be assigned to this job at the Company’s discretion.
How to apply for the role
Please send your CV to Joanne McAllister, Resourcing Team Leader at email@example.com