Operations Manager Element Herne
(Fulltime, 40 hours per week)
Element Materials Technology is a rapidly growing organization with accredited laboratories in Europe and the United States. Our team of more than 1,800 scientists, engineers and technicians perform Product Qualification Testing, Failure Analysis and Materials Testing, ensuring that the customer is provided with timely, independent and reliable results.
Element’s site in Herne (Germany) has an exciting new vacancy for an Operations Manager who combines his/her leadership skills with a vast experience in outside sales activities. The Herne site currently employs around 15 people, most of whom are engineers and lab technicians.
Purpose of the Post
Reporting to the Director Oil & Gas Europe Mainland, the post of Operations Manager will lead the achievement of the annual operational targets and growth plan objectives.
The post has overall accountability in achievement of objectives in Sales & Profitability, Health & Safety, Quality Management & Standards, On Time Delivery, Technical Development and achievement of the Operational Growth Plan, with drive for superior and exceptional customer service, commercial protection and management of Working Capital.
In order for our Herne site to expand her business, it is vital that the Operations Manager has experience in selling laboratory testing services. He or she has gained this experience in a technical sales role in the Oil & Gas industry and must have demonstrated success in implementing sales strategies to achieve high performance business results. A thorough knowledge of the German (and preferably also the Belgium and French) Oil & Gas market, the key clients and their material testing needs is essential.
Next to his/her excellent sales and marketing skills, the Operations Manager Element Herne also has:
- Strong Operational Management experience gained within a technical service delivery environment and testing laboratory
- Previous P&L management responsibility and high performance and growth
- Track record in strong Health, Safety and Quality leadership
- Strong leader, manager and coach
- Professional individual with strong commercial acumen and aptitude, market knowledge (oil & gas, materials testing)
- Experience within a specific service environment (materials testing, research and development) will be an advantage
- Degree qualification in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering, materials, chemistry)
- A thorough knowledge of the English language (verbally and in writing) is required.
- Strong leader with a motivational management style and a dynamic personality
- Strong customer service ethos
General Description of Duties
- Accountable for delivering year on year operational sales growth (invoiced sales) through efficient use of operational resources, balancing capacity v demand
- Identifying & delivering growth (new sales opportunities) based on a well identified sales pipeline (forecast), value proposition and an efficient enquiry management process
- Supporting the Business Development Manager, conceiving and realising strategic change to improve business performance in existing market sector and to develop the top Herne Key Accounts.
- Total accountability for ensuring that the business Quality Management system is applied operating in compliance with Element standards plus accreditations and client approvals are maintained. Accountable for delivering exceptional customer service and customer care, positioning the business as a reliable, efficient service provider of routine & non-routine testing services.
- Supporting the Director Oil & Gas Europe and Finance Manager with the monthly P&L whilst being accountable for budget control of the business. Submitting month end financial reports, providing forecasts & managing DSO.
- Daily management of employees, thereby focusing on technical competence, ensuring that skills mitigation, staff development and succession planning is proactively managed. Conducting mid-year and year-end assessments.
- Ensure capital investment requirements to meet strategic growth plan targets are completed with detailed justification to enable timely purchase to be made.
Element offers a challenging position within a fast growing and established company in the oil & gas industry. We continuously invest in the development of our employees and we can offer competitive employment conditions.
If you are interested in this role, please send your cv and a covering letter in English to Cécylle Harmsen, HR Manager, per email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition in response to this job posting, is not appreciated