39 hours per week
Take supervisory responsibility for others in the defined area of work:
- Monitor work procedures and provide training to staff.
- Allocate tasks to technicians as dictated by planning schedule.
Take responsibility for all subordinates under your control Manage resources in the defined area of work:
- Perform the function of the Shift Production Manager in their absence.
- Manage production through the laboratory.
- Ensure an adequate supply of consumables for the facility.
- Establish and manage a preventative maintenance programme for equipment.
- Establish and manage a calibration programme for equipment.
- Ensure Health & Safety is enforced in managed areas.
- Ensure Exova Quality System is enforced in managed areas
- Manage the improvement in the organization and efficiency of the workplace by implementing and maintaining agreed 5S actions.
- Liaise with Shift Production Manager and Operations Manager regarding production scheduling.
- Maximise equipment utilisation
- Ensure that all calibrations are done in a timely manner
- Record and manage attendance/performance of employees under your control
- Assist in the appraisals of your team
- Allocate the appropriate resource in conjunction with the Production Manager to ensure that all production targets are met.
What are we looking for?
- HNC in Engineering or City & Guilds Higher Professional Diploma in Engineering
- Engineering Technician status with the UK Engineering Council
- SVQ/NVQ level 3 in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering
- Level 3 Management qualification or training in supervisory management
- Extensive experience in the relevant laboratory environment
- A broad knowledge of relevant processes and practices
- A knowledge of engineering materials and their properties
- Understanding of the main theories, concepts and principles of relevant processes and practices
- Awareness of the evolving / changing nature of relevant processes and practices
- Knowledge of relevant quality systems (e.g. UKAS/ISO 9001/Nadcap)
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety systems and environmental regulations
How to apply
Please send applications to email@example.com