Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Production Supervisor (Night shift)
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 7pm-7am
In a market driven by the demand for ever greater aircraft performance and commercial return, Element has a proud track record of helping the world’s leading aerospace companies achieve competitive advantage through the provision of technically demanding materials testing.
Element Lancaster is a Nadcap and ISO 17025 accredited laboratory recognised as a centre of excellence for fatigue & fracture mechanics testing and has developed methods and procedures for the machining and testing of aerospace related materials.
Due to exciting expansion within the lab and to support our mission to become the number one supplier within our industry, we are looking for two new Machinists to join our team in Lancaster.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Monitor work procedures and provide training to staff
- Allocate tasks to Technicians as dictated by planning schedule
- Take responsibility for all team members under supervision
- Manage production through the laboratory
- Establish and manage a preventative maintenance programme for equipment
- Ensure Health & Safety and Quality system is enforced in managed areas
- Liaise with Shift Production Manager and Operations Manager regarding production scheduling
- Maximise equipment utilisation
- Ensure that all calibrations are completed in a timely manner
- Record and manage attendance/performance of employees
- Allocate appropriate resource with Production Manager to ensure production targets are met
- Implement ISO/IEC 17025 and Nadcap requirements
What we are looking for?
- Qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline – e.g. City & Guilds Higher Professional Diploma in Engineering or SVQ/NVQ level 3 in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering
- Managerial experience is an essential requirement for this role
- A knowledge of engineering materials and their properties
- A broad knowledge of relevant processes and practices
- Understanding of the main theories, concepts and principles of relevant processes and practices
- Knowledge of relevant quality and Health & Safety systems (e.g. UKAS/ISO 9001/Nadcap)
Who we are looking for?
- Passion for developing a career in Engineering is essential
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of Technicians
- Excellent attention detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource. A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise.
Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work with us and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org