Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group is the leading provider in materials testing, product qualification testing, consulting and certification services to the international Aerospace, Fire & Building Products, Infrastructure & Environment, Oil & Gas as well as Transportation & Industrials sectors.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The food we eat. The water we drink. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Quality and Technical Specialist
38 hours per week
The Quality and Technical Specialist provides technical and quality support to all departments within the Aerospace sector at various locations in Europe. Departments include, Mechanical Testing (Inc. machining), Chemical Analysis, Metallurgy, Composites and NDT. They will also discuss quality and technical aspects of work orders with clients when required. This could involve discussing a project to ascertain what would be the best cause of action to take and what specification they would need to work to.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Carryout internal quality and technical audits throughout the European laboratories
- Attend laboratories in Europe as and when required to support external audits
- Review quality and technical standards as well as write and review procedures
- Provide expertise in the field of engineering materials across diverse applications both composites and metals
- Implement technology projects to ensure effective execution to agreed timescales and costs
- Assist the laboratories in accordance with internal procedures and quality systems
- Provide guidance in the technical operations of the laboratories
- Support, teach and coach technical and quality personnel of the laboratories
- Attend internal and external committees as required to support the business
What are we looking for?
As a successful candidate you will be educated in a relevant technical discipline (Chartered Engineer or Chartered Scientist status with the UK Engineering or Science Councils would be preferred or Chartered Quality Professional). You will have demonstrable expertise and experience in a relevant specialised area of materials testing. In addition, you will have an excellent working knowledge of Nadcap and ISO quality standards. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential for this role as is the ability to develop relationships across all levels – both internally and externally. You will be required to travel extensively and meet conflicting demands across the business.
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success. Our training and career development programmes allow our people to continually develop their skills and chart their development course. We give our colleagues the chance to grow their careers across the group, with opportunities arising all over the world. Our programmes support the training and in-role experience required to help them realise their ambitions.
We are an equal opportunities employer
How to apply
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org