Regional Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager
Central HSE Group
London, UK – Flexible on location, with some remote working.
During a time of successful growth, a new opportunity has been created for a new, permanent Regional Health, Safety and Environmental office to join our UK and European team. With flexibility on location and a highly competitive remuneration package, this new opportunity will offer the successful candidate the chance to join a team of enthusiastic likeminded people working across the UK and Western Europe in an exciting opportunity that will challenge and reward in equal measure.
Purpose of this Position
As a leader of the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Team, this position will partner with business leaders and workforce to provide support and implementation of the company HSE programs. This position reports directly to the Company HSE Director supporting multiple divisions within the identified region. The office for this position will be based on the location of candidate and proximity to an Element location.
The regional position is responsible for:
- Coordinating and supporting the Divisional HSE Managers within the defined region.
- The development, sourcing, implementation, and administration of organizational HSE policies, programs, practices and procedures.
- Auditing laboratories on a regular basis to ensure compliance with and implementation of the SHE policies, programs, practices and procedures.
- Growing the awareness of HSE throughout the covered organization via audits and assessments to determine development needs and identified gaps (at both a macro and micro level) and implement programs to close the gap.
- Implementing and aligning a location HSE culture with the vision of the company.
- Ensure the critical company HSE program points are fully implemented within a region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of a company focused SHE program potentially across multiple countries.
- Implement regulatory and legislation SHE changes and ensure local teams fully understand impacts.
- Ensure the One Element Safety culture is established and in alignment with company Mission, Vision, and Values to dive injuries out of the business, provide a healthy work environment s and minimize the environmental impact.
Education and/or Experience
Degree level qualification or equivalent experience in Risk/ Loss /Safety Management, Engineering, Occupational Safety, or other related fields or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The candidate must have a strong understanding of country/ local safety, health and environmental laws and legislation.
This role will have an element of travel (circa 40%+) to various assigned locations nationally and internationally.
Interested? Then we want to hear from you today, to apply and for a full job description, please contact Ben Norton in the UK Resourcing team via firstname.lastname@example.org