Element is a leader in the field of Bioassay-Aquatic Toxicity Testing Services to the Oil & Gas sector. We offer a complete range of GLP compliant testing services that cover most disciplines in both salt and fresh water environments and are certified and approved to deliver these services in the states of Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas.
Element Lafayette is one of the few laboratories in the United States to offer analytical as well as aquatic toxicity testing services under one roof. Our team of experts has the knowledge, dedication and expertise to service all of your bioassay needs by providing biomonitoring toxicity tests for petroleum, industrial and municipal customers as well as product qualification and R&D technical support for product registration and R&D endeavors. Partnering with Element allows your company to mitigate risk knowing that our experts are working diligently to help ensure your success, and bring a safe product to market quickly.
Element is accredited by NELAP, Louisiana DEQ, Oklahoma DEQ and Texas DEQ, and follows the Indiana standards for WET testing. Our lab management and key personnel average over 21 years of bioassay experience, providing our customers with experience and understanding of routine testing as well as the ability to handle unique requests. Element Lafayette is an annual participant in EPA DMR QA studies.
Programs We Support
Element is a leading expert in environmental testing supporting a wide variety of testing programs.
Programs We Support:
- GLP Compliant Bioassay & Biodegredation Testing
- NCP (National Contingency Plan) Product Qualification
- Product Development/Qualification Testing
Services We Provide
For a complete list of our aquatic toxicity testing services click here.
Aquatic Toxicity Testing Services:
- Drilling Fluid LC50 Testing (WBM and SBM)
- Sediment Toxicity Testing (SBM)
- Drilling Fluid Additive LC50 Testing (WBM and SBM)
- Freshwater Toxicity Testing - Acute and Chronic
- Saltwater Toxicity Testing - Acute and Chronic
- Produced Water Toxicity Testing - Acute and Chronic
- Miscellaneous Discharge Toxicity Testing
- Chemical Additive Toxicity Testing - Acute and Chronic
- NCP Toxicity Testing
GLP Compliant Aquatic Toxicity Services
Are you looking for a service you can't find anywhere else? Element's vast number of Aquatic Toxicity Services can help you.
GLP Compliant Aquatic Toxicity Services:
- OECD 201, Algal Growth Inhibition Test
- OECD 202, Daphnia magna or Daphnia pulex, 48 Hr Static Acute Toxicity Test
- OECD 203, Pimephales promelas (fathead minnow), Cyprinodon variegatus (sheepshead minnow), 96 Hr Acute Toxicity Test
- OECD 211, Daphnia magna or Daphnia pulex, 21 Day Chronic Toxicity Test
- OECD 301 D/306, 28 day Closed Bottle biodegradibility
- OCSPP 835.3110(o), 28 day Closed Bottle Biodegradibility
- OCSPP 850.135, Mysidopsis bahia, Americamysis bahia, 28 Day Chronic Toxicity Test
- OCSPP 850.1010, Daphnia magna or Daphnia pulex, 48 Hr Static Acute Toxicity Test
- OCSPP 850.1035, Mysidopsis bahia, Americamysis bahia, 96 Hr Acute Toxicity Test
- OCSPP 850.1075, Pimephales promelas (fathead minnow), Cyprinodon variegatus (sheepshead minnow), 96 Hr Acute Toxicity Test
- OCSPP 850.1300, Daphnia magna or Daphnia pulex, 21 Day Chronic Toxicity Test
- OCSPP 850.5400, Algal Growth Inhibition Test
Toxicity Analyses Available
Element also offers toxicity analysis, determining the nature of the toxin found in a sample.
Toxicity Analyses Available:
- Drilling Fluids
- Aquatic LC50 (SPP) testing using Mysidopsis bahia (Americamysis bahia)
- Sediment Toxicity Tests using Leptocheirus plumulosus
- Chronic and Acute Toxicity Testing using Pimephales promelas (fathead minnows), Ceriodaphnia dubia, Daphnia pulex and Daphnia magna
- Chronic and Acute Toxicity Testing using Mysidopsis bahia and Menidia beryllina (inland silverside minnows)
- Available on chemicals and additives used in the Oil & Gas drilling or production process, industrial chemicals, pesticides and herbicides, using appropriate species and specified durations
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.
More from Element
Serving Indiana, Southern Michigan and Western Ohio, Element's environmental labs operate extensive route and field sampling services, enabling us to quickly and efficiently route your sample to the lab best suited to meet your needs.
Soil Testing & Analysis
Whether you're working in clay, silt, sand, gravel, peat, or loam, understanding the soil properties of your site help you make good construction decisions.
Element offers a comprehensive suite of services to help companies comply with these air quality regulations, including accurate sampling, analyzing, and measuring organic compounds, metals, and other toxics in source emissions.
Aquatic Toxicity Analysis Services
Element has the experience, knowledge, dedication and expertise to service all of your bioassay testing needs.