Element's “FracSure” Groundwater Program is an innovative approach to helping you prove your environmental stewardship.
To ensure your future success, we’ve put together a suggested series of simple but effective steps to help document protection of groundwater resources in areas of drilling and hydraulic fracturing operations:
- Consider conducting a DOTD-type survey of all registered water wells in the area of concern. With permission from the landowner or well owner, perform baseline sampling of the water wells for applicable analytes of interest.
- If applicable, sample the rig water supply well for analytes of interest.
- Consider installing and sampling one or more monitor well(s) on the lease location, downgradient from the well site.
- Perform sampling and analysis to establish baseline and pre-existing conditions.
- Develop and implement pre- and post-hydraulic fracturing (HF) monitoring programs.
- Total Dissolved Solids
- VOC’s by 8260
- SVOC’s by 8270
- Methane, Ethane, Ethene
- Total Metals