Join Craig C. Brown, Principal Engineer and corrosion subject matter expert at Element, for a live webinar to learn how to avoid corrosion in your stainless steel products to prevent product failure and costly repairs.
Why should I attend?
Craig will guide you through corrosion prevention in stainless steel food processing equipment. His presentation will include:
- Examples of typical stainless steels used in food processing equipment
- Definition and explanation of steel passivation
- Examples of corrosion damage due to loss of the passive film
- Case study to illustrate on-site metallurgical evaluation and laboratory SEM/EDS analysis of samples from the field
- Explanation of water mineral deposits and the potential for chloride contamination
- Explanation of pre-cleaning and cleaning of stainless steels per ASTM A380
- Explanation of acid pickling and passivation per ASTM A380 and A967
- Case study of SEM surface examination of pickled and passivated samples of a duplex stainless steel to illustrate what happens to the surface after different steps in the cleaning and passivating process
Register on the link below to secure your spot.
Craig C. Brown, Principal Engineer
Craig C. Brown is the Principal Metallurgical Engineer at Element Materials Technology, New Berlin, WI, and the technical leader for the Metallurgical Failure Analysis Department. He has a Master of Science in Analytical Chemistry and a Master of Philosophy in Metallurgy.
He has been conducting metallurgical evaluations in the laboratory for 29 years. He currently provides consulting services to the foundry, automotive, paper processing, transportation, mining, power generation, consumer products and food processing industries. The evaluations involve a variety of alloys, including steel, stainless steel, iron, aluminum, and copper alloys.
Nearly 190 Years of Making Certain
More from Element
Sign-up for free resources
Visit Element's email subscription center to receive the latest industry news, technical whitepapers, case studies, webinars, and upcoming events.
Corrosion of Building Water Systems
Download Element's free guide to understanding the signs of corrosion in building water systems, and the factors influencing them.
Find out how Element's corrosion testing programs can drastically reduce the risks associated with corrosion.
Electrochemical Corrosion Testing
Element performs electrochemical corrosion testing per ASTM F2129 to ensure that medical devices are safe, and provided the intended benefits to the patient.