Antimicrobial testing performed in Element’s microbiology and virology laboratories has supported the successful registration of thousands of antimicrobial products.
We have extensive experience generating GLP-compliant efficacy and analytical chemistry data that is accepted by global authorities such as the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Health Canada, Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), and European Chemicals Agency or individual European Member State agencies.
Element’s antimicrobial testing laboratory has been the expert partner to product developers, manufacturers and users of antimicrobial pesticide and biocide products for more than three decades. We take integrity seriously, setting industry standards for quality, skill and customer service.
Comprehensive Testing Solutions
We have been the industry leader and a trusted partner to developers, manufacturers, and users of antimicrobial products for over 30 years. Our antimicrobial testing solutions include products ranging from liquids to pre-saturated towelettes to treated surface materials. Along with treated articles and pesticide device efficacy testing, our team can develop custom tests for your product development and registration activity.
Our available analytical chemistry solutions also support antimicrobial pesticide product registrations. This allows our clients to generate the required end use product chemistry data at the same location as the efficacy testing.
Additional Efficacy Services
- Test Method for Determining the Residual Self-Sanitizing Activity of Treated Surfaces
- ASTM E2274 and E2406 Standard Test Method for the Evaluation of Laundry Disinfectants
- ASTM E2274 and E2406 Standard Test Method for the Evaluation of Laundry Sanitizers
- Efficacy of a Disinfectant or Sterilant Applied to a Room via a Fogger or Misting Device
- AOAC Method 955.17 Fungicidal Activity Method
- Mildew Fungistatic Test for Fabrics or Hard Surfaces
- ASTM E2315 Time Kill Assay for Antimicrobial Agents
- ASTM E2149 Standard Test method for Determining the Antimicrobial Agents
- Re-Use Stress Testing and Evaluation of Disinfectants
- Quantitative Tuberculocidal Suspension Method
- Quantitative Disk Carrier Test Method (Modification of ASTM Method E2197)
- AOAC Method 965.13 Disinfectant (Water) for Swimming Pools Method
- AATCC 100 Assessment of Antibacterial Finishes on Textile Materials
Element offers a diverse array of microbiology testing services and can serve clients from early-stage antimicrobial product development and non-GLP screen testing all the way through GLP testing for submission.
Element offers GLP and cGMP virology testing options to serve our clients in the antimicrobial and pharmaceutical industries.
SARS-CoV-2 Disinfectant Efficacy Testing
Element is at the forefront of disinfectant efficacy testing against SARS-CoV-2 and its variants, which are the causative agents of COVID-19.
Analytical Chemistry Testing
We offer our clients full product and analytical chemistry solutions. Our GLP and cGMP chemistry offerings include chemical characterization of active ingredients, testing of product-specific impurities, physical chemistry analysis and storage stability testing.
Secure 24/7 access to your test result information, which you can download directly to your information management system.
Find out about our testing capabilities for the Antimicrobial, Food, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, and Personal Care industries.