Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
In the UK we provide our clients with access to the largest capacity for Materials and Product Qualification Testing available making us the ideal choice of testing partner for the Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Defence, Transportation, Energy and Industrial sectors who need to ensure their materials and products comply with National & International Codes, industry-specific standards or in-service conditions.
Administration Assistant – Aberdeen
Hours of work: 40 hours per week (Mon – Fri 08.00hrs to 16.30hrs)
Our new Administration Assistant will work within the Element Aberdeen laboratory, a European materials testing Centre of Excellence specialising in Advanced Fracture Toughness, Engineering Critical Assessment, Failure Analysis, Welding Engineering, Corrosion and Mechanical Testing.
Main responsibilities include but will not limit:
- Reception duties
- Receive and re-direct incoming mail and telephone calls
- Act as first point of contact for visitors into the laboratory
- Conduct basic visitor H&S induction and issue PPE as appropriate
- Purchasing (AX)
- Set up ‘new’ suppliers
- Create Purchase Orders
- Manage the ‘Goods Receipt to Invoice’ documentation process
- Manage stationary and printing supplies
- Production Office Support
- Manage and maintain completed job filing system
- Produce invoices for work completed / against milestone plan
- Holiday & Attendance Management
- Update holiday & attendance tracker
- Produce weekly/monthly attendance and overtime reports
What we are looking for?
- Computer literacy, including MS Office applications experience
- Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently and be flexible under pressure
- Ability to obtain, record and report information in an accurate manner
- Ability to complete standard forms and records accurately and clearly
- Ability to make a contribution to the evaluation and improvement of practices and processes
- Ability to represent Element Materials Technology in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Ability to identify problems and to seek appropriate assistance in their solution
- Ability to develop original and creative responses to problems and issues.
- Ability to draw upon and critically reflect upon one’s own and others roles in order to improve performance
Who are we looking for?
- A personable, professional individual
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships to all levels of the business and with customers
- Ability to plan, organise and manage work within the defined area of responsibility
- Ability to apply logical reasoning and thinking analytically
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource. A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise.
Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work for us and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential. We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please forward your CV to: