Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Chemistry Test Technician (Maternity cover contract)
39 hours per week
- Booking of work into the management information based computer system
- Performing chemical analysis and testing functions relating to the specialist operations of the laboratory in accordance with recognised standards or specifications
- Undertaking quantitative measurement and analysis of materials chemistry using a wide variety of test equipment both ‘in house’ and at clients facilities
- Ensuring test results are recorded accurately in accordance with laboratory procedures
- Operation of PMI equipment both on and off site
- Attend local sites for sample collection/delivery
- Keeping the laboratory/test room clean and tidy including maintaining the sample storage system
- Undertaking and completing any training as required
What we are looking for?
- A basic knowledge with some theoretical understanding of materials chemistry and chemical analysis testing processes and procedures
- An awareness of relevant health and safety systems and environmental regulations
- A basic knowledge of relevant testing standards
- Previous exposure to UKAS for testing laboratories would be advantageous
- Level 2 NVQ in Laboratory and Technical Activities
- A BTEC/ONC in a materials related discipline is preferred
- GCSE/standard grade A-C in Mathematics and English
- Full UK driving licence
Who are we looking for?
- Ability to obtain and record, in an accurate manner, measurements using appropriate instruments
- Ability to communicate information with clarity and accuracy in both written and verbal forms
- Ability to liaise with clients in a professional manner
- Ability to read and interpret worksheets, engineering drawings etc.
- Ability to complete standard forms and records accurately and clearly
- Ability to work reliably and effectively with minimal supervision to the appropriate code of practice
- Willingness to accept responsibility for their own work
- Ability to identify problems and to seek appropriate assistance in their solution
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource. A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise.
Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work for us and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please forward your CV to: