Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology and Exova Group Limited have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group is the leading provider in materials testing, product qualification testing, consulting and certification services to the international Aerospace, Fire & Building Products, Infrastructure & Environment, Oil & Gas as well as Transportation & Industrials sectors.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The food we eat. The water we drink. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Customer Services Representative
40 hours per week
Our Customer Service Representative role is primarily responsible for handling process price requests for quotes from customers via email or over the phone and following up on pending or issued quotations. The role may also be involved in identifying new sales opportunities through proactive questioning to ensure maximum share of customer business.
Main responsibilities include:
- Primarily involved in the access and persuasion steps within the sales process; including qualifying, relationship building, needs evaluation, solution development and closing
- Proactively engage with customers using phone, email and web conferencing
- Identify current and future customer service requirements through establishing rapport with potential and existing customers and the business
- Focus on quotation enquiries for standard products and services offered by the business
- Gain pricing and lead time information from standard price listings
- Work with departments across the business to resolve inefficiencies and inefficiencies within the sales process, including processing of sales invoices, quotations and reporting status updates to customers
- Actively utilise and maintain the customer relationship management system (CRM) to record sales activity
- Achieve and exceed sales targets through converting and penetrating accounts
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of Element’s service offerings
What are we looking for?
- Significant experience gained within a customer service environment
- Ability to interpret quotations, contracts and customer specifications
- Report writing skills and the ability to construct professional customer correspondence
- Ability to calculate figures effectively, such as discounts, interest, commissions and proportions
- A clear customer focus with the ability to solve customer problems and interpret a variety of instructions
- Experience in interpreting testing procedures is advantageous but not essential
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Full, clean driving licence is required for this role as some travel is required
Who are we looking for?
- Self-motivated and professional individual who can work well with a busy team
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships at all levels with customers and colleagues
- Ability to work well under pressure with excellent attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success. Our training and career development programmes allow our people to continually develop their skills and chart their development course. We give our colleagues the chance to grow their careers across the group, with opportunities arising all over the world. Our programmes support the training and in-role experience required to help them realise their ambitions.
We are an equal opportunities employer
To apply please forward your CV to: