Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Hours of work: 7am – 7pm
Main responsibilities include:
- Collect test samples from designated areas around customer’s site
- Prepare and machine test specimens. This may involve the removal of coatings from the specimen to avoid slippage in test machine grips and to comply with test standards
- Sort specimens into test priority order
- Measure specimens for width and gauge
- Input test specimen identity and dimensions into tensile test frame
- Load automatic tensile test machine
- Assess test results against pass/fail parameters in Tata Laboratory Data Entry system.
- Prepare samples for Accelerated corrosion/weathering testing
- Conduct daily checks on accelerated corrosion/weathering testing equipment including solution make up, maintenance and monitoring
- Evaluate and report results for all PIT test samples, using a standard report format
- Evaluate and report results for corrosion / weathering testing job requests as required
- Ensure that sample racks are not overflowing, and that used sample racks are emptied on monthly basic
What we are looking for?
- Educated in NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Metallurgical physical testing environment
- Experience working within an Engineering environment
- Basic understanding of physical environmental testing/specifications relating to the following is advantageous
- Computer literacy, including MS Office applications experience
Who are we looking for?
- A personable, professional individual with a passion for engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently and be flexible under pressure
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships to all levels
- Ability to apply logical reasoning and thinking analytically
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource. A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise.
Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work for us and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential. We are an equal opportunities employer.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please forward your CV to: