Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The food we eat. The water we drink. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Regional Procurement Category Manager – CAPEX & MRO
We are looking for a Category Manager who will report to the Regional Sourcing Lead. The focus of this role will be to design and execute sourcing strategies for technical categories, including machinery, spare parts, maintenance and engineering services.
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute various strategies to increase procurement coverage in Europe, ensuring competitive advantage and sustainable year-on-year improvements in terms of cost, quality, service and innovation
- Lead and execute sourcing projects including strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations, risk management and contract execution
- Perform total cost of ownership evaluations and supply-market research, and conduct pricing audits and impact analysis in the pursuit of continuous cost improvements
- Identify and resolve strategic supplier performance issues to ensure customer satisfaction
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree educated in an industrial or engineering discipline
- Manufacturing experience background is preferred
- Professionally qualified individual – i.e. CPSM, CIPS, 6Sigma
- Knowledge of up to date contract language and legislative requirements
- Significant experience in sourcing, contracting and project management
- Relevant category experience in the relevant technical area (machinery, maintenance and engineering)
- Sourcing experience within a Fortune 500 company, consultancy or large service industry company
- Proven experience in designing and executing sourcing strategies that consistently deliver measureable bottom line cost savings
- Proven track record in influencing sourcing decisions within these specialist spend categories
Skills and Competencies:
- Expert negotiator and influencer
- Strategic thinker with the vision to plan and drive results
- Strong interpersonal skills for communication, networking and influencing, particularly at exec level
- Highly numerate
- Creative outlook when problem solving
- Excited by innovation and new opportunities
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently - to use initiative and work autonomously
- Fluent English is essential and other European language skills such as German is a real plus
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource. A role with Element | Exova will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise.
Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work for us and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org