We would be delighted if you would join us for our Grand Opening Celebration of Element Aberdeen's new state-of-the-art Corrosion facility.
Opening on the 24th of January, the facility is the first purpose built, independent corrosion laboratory incorporating sour gas exposures in the area. Built to primarily support the Oil & Gas industry, it has the capacity to undertake standard corrosion tests, as well as bespoke, client driven procedures.
This new facility is an addition to the existing Aberdeen laboratory which has existing Fracture Toughness, Engineering Critical Assessment, Welding Engineering Services, Metallurgical Failure Investigation and Mechanical Testing expertise. The laboratory also houses a comprehensively equipped machine shop.
The Grand Opening will include:
- 15:00 Arrival and introductions
- 15:30 Official opening of facility by Sarah Vassey, President of the Institute of Corrosion
- 15:45 Presentations on Fracture Mechanics and Corrosion Capabilities at Element Aberdeen
- 16:15 Tour of the facility
- 17:30 Networking & drinks reception
- Date: Tuesday 24 January, 2017
- Location: Hareness Circle, Altens Industrial Estate, Aberdeen, AB12 3LY, UK
- Time: 15:00 to 17:30
- Contact: Ian Farquharson, General Manager, with any questions or to RSVP
Meet with Our Experts at NACE 2017
George Winning, an internationally recognized expert in corrosion science, is Element's Global Corrosion Specialist.
Marie Halliday, an internationally recognized expert in the coatings industry, is Element's Global Coating Specialist.
Barry has over 20 years experience of evaluating polymer performance in the Oil & Gas sector
An internationally renowned scientist with over 30 years experience in experimental & analytical engineering mechanics research and consultancy on advanced materials.