Growing our global platform of aerospace testing laboratories
As the largest independent testing company in the global Aerospace sector, we provide a comprehensive range of materials testing and product qualification solutions from a single source, that support the industry’s constant drive for technical innovation, while improving operational and cost efficiencies and ensuring that our customers get their products to market on time.
Through a combination of organic, inorganic growth and strategic investments we continue to grow our global Aerospace platform. Our most recent investments in Europe include the:
- Acquisition of TEAMS (Testing and Engineering of Aeronautical Materials and Structures) S.L. in the Andalusian aerospace industry epicenter, a Tier 1 supplier to Airbus in the European materials testing sector.
- Relocation, expansion and conversion of Element Sheffield, in to one of the UK’s premier material testing laboratories for the Aerospace sector.
- Acquisition of DNV GL’s four German materials testing laboratories employing over seventy engineers specialized in materials testing, metallurgy and failure analysis.
- Acquisition of TraC Global in the UK and China, significantly expanding our capabilities and capacity in DO-160 and Aerospace related product testing.
- Acquisition of GEVA (Gesellschaft für Entwicklung und Versuch Adlershof mbH), one of Germany’s leading aerospace testing companies performing product qualification testing on metallic and composite structures through static, dynamic fatigue and structural strength examinations for Europe’s most high-profile Prime airframe and aero engine manufacturers.
One partner, a comprehensive portfolio of testing services
Together, our global team of over 2,000 Engaged Experts operating out of 61 laboratories in Europe, the United States and China consistently delivers the Certainty of Element to the world’s leading aerospace manufacturers, providing testing for almost every material, component and system in use on commercial aircrafts today.
Product Qualification Testing
RTCA DO-160 Testing
Working with Element, our clients enjoy access to the most comprehensive EMC and environmental testing capacity of any independent Aerospace product qualification testing company in the world.
Aerospace EMI/EMC Testing
Element has a proven record of delivering high-volume as well as customized solution electromagnetic compatibility testing to multiple standards including RTCA/DO-160, MIL-STD-461 and Def-Stan 59-411.
Element can provide you with critically important data on your product or part's performance in response to typical or extreme environmental stresses and conditions.
With a large suite of structures testing inventory , Element has demonstrated the capability and the know-how to perform most complex and highly sophisticated test campaigns over the last decades.
Can your product sustain the shaking they receive in daily use? Vibration testing helps evaluate their performance under virtually identical conditions.
High Cycle Fatigue Testing
Element provides HCF testing, which is used to determine the fatigue characteristics of components.
A critical part of aero engine development, experts at Element's spin testing facilities examine nearly every kind of rotating components of aero engines, turbine compressors, turbochargers and blowers under realistic conditions using highly sophisticated spin test rigs.
Fuel Systems Testing
Comprehensive fuel system testing programs simulating actual in situ conditions are completed in our world-class facilities by industry-leading experts.
Element conducts flammability and fire testing to help clients evaluate materials, finished products or components during research and development stages or to meet industry, commercial, or regulatory standards.
Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
Our experience in component and system simulation spanning 40 years includes creation and management of test and simulation programs for the world's most recognized Aerospace brands.
Engaged in testing virtually every material, component and system on commercial aircraft, Element's deliverable is Certainty.
Our customers have access to the full power and confidence of doing business with Element. As the largest independent testing company in the global Aerospace sector, we're in the best position to provide you with innovative materials and product qualification testing solutions, helping you secure capacity, expertise, and supply chain integrity only achievable by partnering with a single source partner like Element.