See both of Element’s state-of-the-art Portland area laboratories during our Open House on September 26th. The event will feature tours of both Element Portland – Hillsboro Elam Young and Element Portland – Hillsboro Evergreen Parkway.
What to Expect
- Element’s Environmental laboratory experts at the Elam Young location will provide live testing demonstrations & hold a round table discussion to your questions regarding product testing.
- Our EMI/EMC laboratory at the Evergreen location will host a technical seminar and lab tour.
- Free shuttle transfers between the two facilities will run throughout the afternoon, allowing you to see both locations.
Don’t miss the opportunity to see behind the scenes at our laboratories, enjoy a catered lunch, network with local peers, and chat with our experts about the latest in testing and certification.
To learn more and claim your spot, register today.
Event Details & Agenda
What: Tech talk, lab tours, lunch, drinks!
When: Thursday September 26th, 2019, 11:30am-4:30pm
- 5245-A NE Elam Young Parkway, Hillsboro, OR 97124
- 6775 NE Evergreen Parkway, Suite 400, Hillsboro, OR 97124
11:30am-12:30pm Check-in, Lunch, Tours at Elam Young
12:30pm-1:30pm Round Table Discussion, Elam Young
- Our environmental laboratory experts will hold a round table discussion and Q & A on common failures in testing, including vibration testing, ingress protection, salt/fog testing, temperature testing (shock or cycle), and humidity testing.
1:45pm Tours, lunch continues, plus desserts and drinks at Evergreen EMC
2:30pm TechTalks, Evergreen
2:30pm-3:15pm TechTalk 1: How will upcoming EU standard changes affect you?
- How to prepare for the new EU standard expected to replace multi-media standards. EN 55035 has been formally adopted by the EU for EMC testing and will replace current immunity standards for IT and TV and professional audio standards. We will discuss EN 55035 requirements and answer questions about the standard.
3:45pm-4:30pm TechTalk 2: New Requirements for Manufacturers Using Radio Modules
- The FCC has provided new guidance through their KDB publications for host product manufacturers integrating wireless transmitter modules. ETSI has provided guidance for host product manufacturers integrating wireless transmitter modules through the publication of ETSI EG 203 367 for continuing compliance under the Radio Equipment Directory (RED).
4:30pm Celebration at Evergreen – drinks, snacks and fun!
Our laboratories serve the Northwest and beyond with product qualification testing, certification services and EMC testing for commercial, military, medical and aerospace products. Working in partnership, we provide an extensive range of services, including, but not limited to:
EMI & EMC Testing
Wireless testing and certification
MIL-STD-810 & RTCA DO-160 Testing
SAR, OTA & Wireless Testing
Product Safety Testing & Certification
About Portland - Hillsboro Elam Young Parkway
Element's Portland-Hillsboro Elam Young Parkway location serves a wide variety of customers within the military defense sector, aerospace industry, as well as consumer goods. The laboratory specializes in simulated environmental testing. Some of these tests include vibration, temperature, altitude, shock, salt/fog, and many more that fall into climatic & dynamic testing specifications. Amongst military, aerospace, and consumer specifications the laboratory offers a wide range of testing for, but not limited to: MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160, Ingress Protection IP-1X through IP-X9K, HALT/HASS, and ISTA Package testing.
About Portland - Hillsboro Evergreen Parkway
Our Evergreen Parkway facility is an industry leader in EMC testing, providing a full suite of wireless, commercial and medical EMC testing. Our services also include automotive, RTCA DO-160 & MIL-STD-461 testing.
making certain for nearly 190 years
More from Element
Element provides a wide range of wireless and radio testing services including RF testing for regulatory compliance, RF exposure and SAR assessments and OTA and Wireless Coexistence testing.
EMI & EMC Testing
Element performs electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and electromagnetic interference (EMI) testing for a variety of medical devices and components, including implantable devices, diagnostic tools and therapeutic equipment.
Find out more about how Element’s specialized product qualification laboratories deliver certainty when validating components and systems to the rigorous standards of MIL-STD-810 testing.
Find out more about how Element can provide you with vitally important data on your product or part's performance in response to typical or extreme environmental stresses and conditions.