Join us on January 31st for our 22nd Annual Environmental Seminar at the Hyatt Regency Calgary.
As environmental regulations take an ever greater role in modern business, organizations are facing growing pressure to ensure their activities adhere to the highest standards of environmental management.
About the event
Our key speakers will lead sessions to address changes, challenges, and issues occurring in the environmental industry. We will tackle hot-button issues, including new regulatory updates, remediation programs, area-based closure, and R&D.
The event will host networking sessions to provide an opportunity to meet and connect with peers across multiple industries and to discuss your testing challenges with our industry-leading experts.
Attending this seminar allows you to stay abreast of the latest updates and will give you a chance to earn professional development credits towards your designation.
Registration is $140 + tax (CAD) and includes a hot breakfast and buffet lunch. If you are coming from out of town, you can book a hotel for a self-paid rate here using the code CR105067.
Space is limited, so please reserve your spot today!
Speakers and topics
Location: Hyatt Regency Calgary, 700 Centre St S, Calgary, AB T2G 5P6, Canada
Breakfast and lunch provided
- Gordon Dinwoodie, Alberta Environment and Parks
- Matt MacLennan, Pacific Rim Labs
- Barry Rakewich, Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd
- Mike Halliwell, Thurber Engineering Ltd
- Mihiri De Silva, Millennium EMS Solutions
- Anela Baig, Trace Associates
- Nigel Wiebe, TAQA North
- Jason Hampson, Trace Associates
- Doug Bright, Hemmera, An Ausenco Company
Presentation topics include:
- AEP regulatory update
- Extraction of long-chain poly- and perfluorinated alkyl substances from solid matrices
- Site evaluation and design considerations for in-situ remediation success
- A radon primer – what you need to know for commercial buildings
- Fine-tuning your drilling plan with tier 2
- Economic management of large area based on oil and gas reclamation programs – a consulting perspective
- Sulfolane treatment with advanced oxidation
- Regulator variance request: a tool for site closure
- eDNA, Precision, Ecosystem Health, and Cumulative Effects Monitoring: Two Steps Ahead, One Step Sideways
HPLC-MS for Sulfolane Analysis
Element’s HPLC-MS allows for faster measurements with greater precision and has several advantages over its older counterparts.
Find out how our global team of Environmental Testing Experts help our customers to comply with the very latest environmental obligations through our comprehensive range of laboratory and field based environmental testing services.
Water Testing Services
Our water testing laboratories provide analyses for drinking water, groundwaters, surface waters, and wastewater, to help you meet environmental regulations.
Element’s soil testing and analysis services include the analysis of soils, sediments, wastes and leachates to determine the level of nutrients and identify any contamination