Jay Anderson is a Materials Scientist for the Advances Materials department at Element – St. Paul.
Jay's expertise consists of the analysis of physical properties of all non-metallic materials including plastics, thin films, rubber, foam, organic and inorganic coatings, adhesives and sealants, ceramics, fabrics, engineered wood, and composites.
Jay is a licensed Materials Scientist specializing in material testing, validation and failure analysis for fractography, metallography, physical property testing, electron microscopy, and chemical analysis methods.
His project experience includes the following:
- • Tensile, compression, tear, and flexural testing of all materials
- • Hardness testing of all materials
- • Abrasion resistance testing
- • Coefficient of friction testing
- • Linear expansion testing
- • Flammability testing
- • Impact testing
- • Vapor transmission testing
- • Physical properties of foams and engineered wood products
- • Environmental simulation
- • Adhesion and shear testing
- • Color and gloss measurement and analysis
- • Failure analysis
- • Corrosion analysis
- • Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- • Energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS)
- • Metallography & fractography
- • Product testing