Jay Anderson is a highly experienced Materials Scientist specializing in Non-metallic Materials at Element St. Paul.
Jay's expertise consists of the analysis of physical properties of all non-metallic materials including plastics, thin films, rubber, foam, organic and inorganic coatings, adhesives and sealants, ceramics, fabrics, engineered wood, and composites.
Jay is a licensed Materials Scientist specializing in material testing, validation and failure analysis for fractography, metallography, physical property testing, electron microscopy, and chemical analysis methods.
His project experience includes the following:
- Tensile, compression, tear, and flexural testing of all materials
- Hardness testing of all materials
- Abrasion resistance testing
- Coefficient of friction testing
- Linear expansion testing
- Flammability testing
- Impact testing
- Vapor transmission testing
- Physical properties of foams and engineered wood products
- Environmental simulation
- Adhesion and shear testing
- Color and gloss measurement and analysis
- Failure analysis
- Corrosion analysis
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS)
- Metallography & fractography
- Product testing