Network Equipment Building System (NEBS) refers to a set of industry standards developed to ensure the safety of personnel and telecom equipment in office settings. Element provides NEBS compliance testing per a variety of standards, including GR-63 CORE and GR-487 CORE.
NEBS standards were created to ensure the environmental safety of both equipment and personnel in offices that house large telecom equipment. While not required by law, NEBS compliance is mandated by most major telecommunications companies. Equipment is rated and certified based on its likelihood to experience a significant environmental stress, such as fire or electrical malfunction.
Our NEBS compliance services
Element can support all levels of NEBS compliance testing, which covers a wide range of equipment and scenarios. We offer certification to a variety of industry standards, and can evaluate products to several client checklists, including Verizon and Telecordia.
We provide NEBS services for a variety of network components, including cables, combiners, connectors, enclosures, splitters, patch panels, amplifiers and more. In addition to standard NEBS methods, we can also test for additional environmental considerations, such as ozone and fungus resistance.
Some of the products that we routinely test include:
- 100 ohm Twisted Pair Plant products
- 75 ohm broadband System components
- 50 ohm/Wireless network parts
- Fiber Optic Plant products
Telecom Infrastructure Testing
Element is also ISO 17025 accredited to a wide variety of other Telcordia documents for indoor and outdoor infrastructure equipment. The full list includes cabinets, cables and fiber optics.
Some of these services include:
- GR-13-CORE Generic Requirements for Pedestal Terminal Closures
- GR-63-CORE NEBS Requirements: Physical Protection
- GR-326-CORE Generic Requirements for Singlemode Optical Connectors and Jumper Assemblies
- GR-487-CORE Generic Requirements for Electronic Equipment Cabinets
- GR-771-CORE Generic Requirements for Fiber Optic Splice Closures
- GR-902-CORE Generic Requirements for Handholes and Other Below-Ground Splice Vaults
- GR-937-CORE Generic Requirements for Outdoor and Indoor Building Entrance Terminals (BETs)
- GR-950-CORE Generic Requirements for Optical Network Unit (ONU) Closures and ONU Systems
- GR-3108-CORE Generic Requirements for Network Equipment in the Outside Plant (OSP)
- GR-3120-CORE Generic Requirements for Hardended Fiber Optic Conenctors (HFOCs) and Hardended Fiber Optic Adapters (HFOAs)
- GR-3125-CORE Generic Requirements for Fiber Distribution Hubs (FDHs)
- GR-3178-CORE Generic Requirements for Wireless Transceiver Facilities
The Element advantage
Element is accredited to provide NEBS compliance per a number of industrial and standards organizations, and is a trusted testing partner for clients around the world. Our experts have years of experience testing for the telecom and wireless devise industries, and our labs are single-source providers for product safety and product compliance services. As a Verizon NEBS ITL provider, you can have confidence that the results you receive from Element are accurate and reliable.
Element provides testing to standards from the following programs and organizations:
- Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE)
- Rural Utilities Service (TUS)
- Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) / Telecommunication Industries Association (TIA)
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- European Telecommunication Standards Institute (ETSI)
- Military Standards (MIL-STD)
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.
More from Element
We support telecoms companies from the initial product design phase through testing and approval of telecoms components.
Element can serve as your single point of contact for all of your global product approvals.
Electrical Safety Testing
Element helps companies achieve compliance against global safety standards for 167 countries.
Product Testing Laboratories
Element's product qualification testing labs span the US, UK and Germany, providing testing services to clients in Aerospace, Transportation, Oil and Gas and more.