Element’s UKAS accredited door and window test facility in Wednesbury UK offers mechanical strength and operational testing of doors, windows, roller shutters and associated products.
Doors and windows need to withstand daily usage relevant to their intended use, ensuring all other desired performances are not compromised through the full life cycle of the product.
Our team of engaged experts test the serviceability of doors and windows with a range of accidental loading and abuse tests, including overload, impact and deformation.
Element Wednesbury also offers full life cycle durability testing, with the highest capacity in the UK for durability testing (repeated opening and closing) typically from 5000 to 1,000,000 cycles. Our facility has three dedicated window tests rigs, four dedicated single door rigs, three dedicated double doorset/sliding doorset test rigs and two large scale rigs for bifolding/biparting or large sliding doorsets.
- We also provide measurement of operating forces to open and close opening element and operate hardware through applied force or torque
We offer mechanical strength and operational testing to the following standards:
- BS6375-2 / BS EN 12046-1 Operating forces for windows
- BS6375-2 / BS EN 14608 Resistance to racking of windows
- BS6375-2 / BS EN 14609 Resistance to static torsion of windows
- BS6375-2 / BS EN 13049 Impact resistance of windows
- BS6375-2 / BS EN 12046-2 Operating forces of doorsets
- BS6375-2 / BS EN 947 Resistance to vertical loads of doorsets
- BS6375-2 / BS EN 948 Resistance to static torsion of doorsets
- BS6375-2 / BS EN 949 Resistance to soft & heavy body impact of doors
- BS6375-2 / BS EN 950 Resistance to hard body impact of doorleaves
- BS6375-2 / BS EN 1191 Repeated opening & closing
- BS6375-2 / BS EN 14351-1 Load bearing capacity of safety devices
- BS6375-3 Closure against obstruction
- BS8613 Finger protection devices for pedestrian doors
- DD171 Slamming shut impact of doorsets
- DD171 Slamming open impact of doorsets
- DD171 Heavy body impact of doorsets
- DD171 Hard body impact of doorsets
- DD171 Torsion of doorsets
- DD171 Downward deformation of doorsets
- DD171 Resistance to jarring and vibration of doorsets
- DD171 Abusive forces on door handles