As a leading testing partner to the door and window industry, Element provides a range of weathertightness testing services at its UKAS accredited test facility in Wednesbury, UK.
It is important that doors and windows are fit for use for the homeowners and building owners to have confidence in the product, preventing draughts, rain ingress and damage under wind load.
Element Wednesbury operates two state of the art K Schulten weather test rigs, with capacity up to five meters high and four meters wide, for testing doors, windows, industrial doors and shutters for air permeability, watertightness and wind resistance.
Element’s engaged experts test products to the following standards:
- BS6375-1 / BS EN 1026 Air permeability test of doors & windows
- BS6375-1 / BS EN 1027 Watertightness test of doors & windows
- BS6375-1 / BS EN 12211 Wind deflection, wind cycle and wind safety test of doors & windows
- BS EN 13241-1 / BS EN 12444 Resistance to wind load of industrial doors
- BS EN 13241-1 / BS EN 12427 Air permeability of industrial doors
- BS EN 13241-1 / BS EN 12489 Resistance to water penetration of industrial doors
Our weathertightness testing technical capabilities
- Air permeability / air leakage testing of doors and windows under positive and negative pressure typically up to 600 Pa.
- Watertightness testing under positive pressure
- Wind load testing under positive and negative pressure typically up to 4000 Pa.
- Wind load testing of permeable roller shutters via inflatable bags or weights