Element is a leader in the field of X-ray Powder Diffraction (XRPD) analysis, with over 30 years of experience in the global pharmaceutical market. Let our scientists guide you on your journey to find advanced solutions for your challenging projects.
- Powder Diffraction
- Phase Identification
- API Limit Testing
- Percent Crystallinity
- Identification of Pharmaceutical Powders
- Foreign Phases Analysis
- Stability Projects to Ensure Stable Crystalline Structure
- Analysis of Corrosion Products
- Quantitative Analysis of Mixtures of Crystal Forms
- Analysis of Inorganic Products Such as Corrosion Products (e.g. Ceramics and Clay)
The Element Advantage
We employ a Malvern Panalytical third generation Empyrean X-ray diffractometer. Features include:
- CFR Part 21 compliant software
- Can analyze less than 10 mg amounts of powder
- Generates very high resolution diffraction patterns in a minimum amount of time
- Includes the latest crystallographic database for identification of unknown compounds
- Generates very high resolution diffraction patterns in a minimum amount of time for particular applications
- Samples can be analyzed without any sample preparation, e.g. tablets, capsules, creams, ointments, suspensions
- Operates in reflection and/or transmission geometry
Transmission geometry for XRD can be a powerful method to analyze samples that pose problems in the traditional reflection geometry (e.g. some pharmaceuticals, proteins, polymers, powders prone to preferred orientation effects such as needles or platelets, liquid dispersions or slurries, air sensitive or hazardous materials).
To learn more about XRD services in pharmaceutical analysis, or to speak with one of our experts, contact us today.
More from Element
Pharmaceutical Raw Material and Finished Product Testing
Our raw material and finished product testing bring peace of mind to manufacturers of drug products ensuring the safety, purity, and quality of both starting materials and manufactured products.
Extractables and Leachables Studies
Element's extractables and leachables studies offer tailored solutions that ensure patient safety and compliance with industry standards.
Pharmaceutical Method Development and Research
Element provides a full suite of pharmaceutical method development and research services to bring your products to market at optimal speed.
Sign Up for Free Resources
Visit Element's email subscription center to receive the latest industry news, technical whitepapers, case studies, webinars, and upcoming events.