About Element Brisbane
Warringtonfire is the Fire Safety Services Testing team within the Element Group.
Fire safety is one of the major regulatory hurdles for new and existing buildings. Compliance with the prescriptive requirements of the BCA and associated Australian standards often limits designers in achieving their vision and goals for a building project.
The building code requirements are generic and conservative in nature as they are intended to cover all possible design scenarios and are often based on the assumed worst case.
At Warringtonfire Brisbane, we use a performance based approach to customize a package of alternative fire safety measures for a design, allowing our clients to achieve their objectives but still maintain the level of fire safety required by the building code and approval authorities.
Concept fire safety strategies
We work with the design team to develop a cost-effective and practical fire safety strategy and a preliminary list of fire safety measures in the early stages of a project
Fire safety Building Code of Australia BCA reviews
We assess the project’s architectural design documentation to identify minimum prescriptive fire safety requirements and potential compliance issues that need performance solutions.
Performance solutions related to fire
We undertake fire safety engineering assessments to demonstrate compliance with the relevant performance requirements of the Building Code of Australia (BCA).
Fire safety engineering analysis and assessments
We undertake detailed fire safety engineering analysis and modelling to assess credible fire hazards to demonstrate the performance of the fire safety strategy.
- Performance solutions related to fire
- Fire safety BCA reviews
- Fire risk assessments
- Evacuation modelling and evacuation strategies for special events
- Fire safety upgrade strategies for existing buildings
- Fire safety strategies for tunnels and underground facilities
- Peer reviews and advice to clients
- Smoke modelling
- Fire hazard identification and risk analysis
- Structural fire resistance modelling
- Fire detection and suppression modelling
- Fire spread modelling within and between buildings