Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The food we eat. The water we drink. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Director Compensation and Benefits
The Director Compensation and Benefits is responsible for evaluating Element compensation philosophy; ensuring pay and reward practices are market competitive, aligned to business imperatives and underpin Element’s commitment to fairness and equality in the work place.
- Provides guidance on areas for benefit alignment and harmonisation
- Appoints external brokers as required to ensure market competitiveness of insured employee benefits
- Assesses benefit providers and evaluate proposals for health insurance, USA and globally
- Has a working knowledge of international pension (or equivalent) retirement plans in those countries in which Element is located (USA 401k, UK Money Purchase / Auto enrolment, Middle East end of service gratuity, Singapore / Australia Provident Fund in addition to a number of European long term saving / retirement mechanisms.
- Remains cognisant of 40lK committee reviews / decisions provide input as appropriate to assure strong governance of Plan.
- Participate in pension Trustee or equivalent bodies on behalf of Element.
- Assists in due diligence of acquisition targets
- Assesses employee turn-over data and identifies / evaluates concerns regarding total compensation- sources and assesses empirical data from where necessary against which to assess Element practices and recommends adjustments.
- Provides advice on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related challenges
- Assesses the effectiveness of discretionary bonus programmes including Sales Incentive and Manager Bonus Plans- collaborating with colleagues in finance to proposed Element’s annual approach to CEO, EVP HR and CFO.
- Assess the effectiveness of operational retention and recognition programmes – propose modifications to ensure optimum return on investment
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data
- Supervises the participation in, conducts and/or purchases salary surveys to ensure compensation objectives are achieved
- Keeps apprised of federal/state/local compensation laws/regulations to ensure company compliance
- Reviews and analyses the benefits market to determine employee needs, trends, regulations and practices, and develops competitive programmes and services to meet company goals
- Establishes and maintains good relationships with vendors
- Plans and directs implementation and administration of compensation and benefits programmes
- Directs preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to notify employees of benefits programmes such as insurance plans, Plans modification of existing benefits programmes
- Support the design and maintenance of professional career ladders and associated salary structures
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field
- Prior experience in compensation and benefits / remuneration global plans
- Knowledge of various international government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programmes, company policies, and operations
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with senior management
- Must be highly numerate, a strong communicator, collaborative and business savvy
- Tenacious drive (e.g.: willingness to chase down data and build own spread sheets and graphs to present data in a meaningful format)
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource.
A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise. Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work for Element and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Find out why Element is the Employer of Choice within the TIC Sector by visiting our website. We are an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please send applications to email@example.com