At a time of successful and continued growth Element Materials Technology are recruiting for a General Manager to join our multi-site team of Engaged Experts, based out of our cutting edge Sheffield location. This permanent, full time position, will enable the successful candidate to join our business at an incredibly exciting time as we bring together a number or highly motivated teams ensuring that we go from strength to strength within the Testing, Integration and Certification (TIC) market place. As a world leader in materials testing and product qualification testing, this opportunity offers the successful candidate full career development within a mature and invested culture and ultimately a career move that will challenge and reward in equal measure.
You will report into the Sector Director and will be an active member of the European leadership team.
Key responsibilities of the General Manager:
- Ownership and delivery of the site/s profit and loss
- Accurate reporting of financial information to the leadership team
- Oversee the development of a leading HSEQ culture
- Maintaining and establishing effective relationships with existing and potential clients
- Develop and foster a client focussed culture
- Track trends and developments that may affect our organisations ability to meet current and future client needs
- Identify and plan activities that will result in an overall improvement to services
- Challenge inefficient or ineffective work processes and offer constructive alternatives
- Establish service standards and develop strategies to ensure staff meet them
- Building teamwork, collaboration and employee engagement
- Establish and communicate your team’s credibility and capability with internal and external stakeholders
- For your site/s continually assess the gap between current state and desired future direction and establish effective ways of closing that gap
- Participate in day to day operations – e.g. regularly monitor different operations within the business
- Inspire others with a shared vision of success
- Ability to engage and develop teams
- Shapes solutions out of complexity
- Able to influence key stakeholders
- Performs through co-operation
- Manages self
- Demonstrates knowledge of the industry sector
- Understands the types of tests carried within Testing, Inspection and Calibration
- Understanding of health and safety requirements in a laboratory environment
- Understands the requirement of traceability and quality within a test laboratory environment
- Proven experience of managing people and infrastructure within a commercially motivated environment.
- Good understanding of a quality driven commercial scientific environment.
- Ability to apply management knowledge and skills to improve the laboratory and be capable and prepared to train and mentor others to a high degree of competence.
To apply and for more information contact Ben Norton in the Element Resourcing team: Ben.Norton@element.com